|Attempts on target||44||19|
|Attempts off target||23||25|
Helsingborgs IF's Henrik Larsson will look to strike his first goals against Greek opposition as the Swedish side host Panionios GSS in their UEFA Cup Group H opener.
• The two sides have never met in European competition.
• Helsingborg have never come up against Greek opposition before.
• Panionios met Helsingborg's Allsvenskan rivals IFK Göteborg in the second round of the 1979/80 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup. They lost 2-0 in Sweden but won 1-0 at home.
• In total, five games have been played between clubs from the two countries on Swedish soil. Of those ties, the home side has won three with one draw and a solitary win for the Greek visitors.
• Panionios' Ghanaian midfielder Bennard Kumordzi has some knowledge of Swedish football having spent the 2005 and 2006 seasons with IFK Nörrkoping.
• Helsingborg's English coach Stuart Baxter led AIK Solna as they earned a 1-0 aggregate victory against another Greek side, AEK Athens FC, in the 1999/00 UEFA Champions League third qualifying round.
• Star Helsingborg striker Henrik Larsson has only taken part in one previous game against a Greek side, playing for FC Barcelona in a 0-0 draw at Panathinaikos FC in the 2005/06 UEFA Champions League group stage.
• Greek and Swedish sides meet in another UEFA Cup game on 25 October as AEK Athens FC visit IF Elfsborg in Group C.
• Helsingborg have won their last five European home games since losing 3-1 to Ipswich Town FC in the second round of the 2001/02 UEFA Cup. In those five games, they have scored 17 goals and conceded just one.
• A 2-0 win at FC Sochaux-Montbéliard in the first round ended a run of four straight European away defeats for Panionios.
• Panionios have played 27 European games to date but have never drawn in UEFA club competition, winning 12 matches and losing 15.
• Panionios are one of five Greek clubs in the group stage along with AEK, Aris Thessaloniki FC, Larissa FC and Panathinaikos FC.
• FC Girondins de Bordeaux are at home against Galatasaray SK in today's other Group H game.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.