|Attempts on target||19||41|
|Attempts off target||9||30|
With a tremendous away record in European competition, Villarreal CF will feel confident as they travel to the Czech Republic to meet FK Mladá Boleslav in Group C.
• Mladá Boleslav are playing in their first group stage game of the season while Villarreal drew their opener 1-1 at home to ACF Fiorentina, Joan Capdevila scoring an 88th-minute equaliser for the Yellow Submarine.
• The two sides have never met in European competition.
• Mladá Boleslav have never met Spanish opponents before.
• Villarreal met Czech opponents in the form of 1. FC Brno in the 2003 UEFA Intertoto Cup semi-finals, drawing 1-1 away and winning 2-1 at home.
• Of the last five UEFA Cup games between Czech and Spanish sides on Czech soil, the away side have won three with the other two drawn.
• Mladá Boleslav's squad is made up exclusively of players from the Czech Republic.
• Mladá Boleslav striker Tomáš Sedlaček is within one booking of a one-match suspension.
• Mladá Boleslav coach Zdeněk Ščasný's only previous experience of Spanish opposition was an unhappy one. His AC Sparta Praha side met Real Sociedad de Fútbol in the 1998/99 UEFA Cup first round, losing 4-2 at home and 1-0 in San Sebastian.
• Mladá Boleslav have failed to win in their last three European home games, including both of their home fixtures in the 2006/07 group stage.
• Villarreal's record in European away games is impressive. Of their 33 away ties to date, they have won nine and lost seven while earning draws in 17 games.
• Fiorentina are at home against IF Elfsborg in the day's other Group C game.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.