|Attempts on target||8||53|
|Attempts off target||12||45|
Juande Ramos will start his campaign to complete a unique treble of UEFA Cup successes as manager of Tottenham Hotspur FC rather than Sevilla FC as the London club visit Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC on Matchday 2.
• The Spaniard, who guided the Andalusians to success in each of the last two editions of this competition, signed a contract until the end of the 2010/11 season on Saturday 27 October following the sacking of Martin Jol. "I greatly appreciate the opportunity to work at Tottenham Hotspur, a club with a great tradition and history," said Ramos, 53. "Ever since I started my coaching career I have wanted to work in England."
• Hapoel were beaten 2-0 at RSC Anderlecht in their opener while Tottenham lost only their second UEFA competition game at White Hart Lane 2-1 against Getafe CF in what was Jol's last game in charge.
• The two sides have never met in European competition.
• Hapoel have played four games against English sides in European club competition winning one, drawing one and losing two.
• Their best result against an English side saw them knock Chelsea FC out of the second round of the 2001/02 UEFA Cup - becoming the first Israeli club to reach the third round. Shimon Gershon and Andrei Clescenco scored in a 2-0 win in the home leg and Hapoel then earned a 1-1 draw in London, with Milan Osterc registering.
• None of the current Hapoel squad played in that game.
• In the same round of the same competition the following year, Hapoel met Leeds United AFC, but lost 1-0 away and 4-1 at home to bow out of Europe. That return leg was played at the Artemio Franchi Stadium in Florence as a result of concerns over the security situation in Israel at the time. Alan Smith scored all four Leeds goals in Italy.
• Current Tottenham goalkeeper Paul Robinson played in both legs of that tie for Leeds.
• Two-time UEFA Cup winners Tottenham have never met Israeli opposition before.
• A 2-1 defeat at Ramos's Sevilla ended a run of four straight European away wins for Tottenham. They drew their only subsequent away tie in the UEFA Cup 1-1 at Anorthosis Famagusta FC in the first round.
• Hapoel are unbeaten in their last six UEFA competition home games.
• Aalborg BK are at home against Anderlecht in the day's other Group G game.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.