|Attempts on target||23||26|
|Attempts off target||15||11|
|E||Sparta Praha||Spartak Moskva|
AZ Alkmaar coach Louis van Gaal will look to thwart his Larissa FC counterpart Georgios Donis again as the two sides meet for the first time in Group A.
• AZ coach Van Gaal has been involved in four games against Greek opposition as a coach, winning three and losing one. That lone defeat came at home against Panathinakos FC in the first leg of the 1995/96 UEFA Champions League semi-final, with his AFC Ajax side winning the return 3-0.
• Larissa coach Donis was on the losing side in both legs of that tie during his days as a defender with Panathinaikos. Those games represent his only previous meetings with Dutch opposition.
• Van Gaal is still in plaster after breaking his leg at a reunion of his old sporting academy in Amsterdam on Friday 2 November. He incurred the injury during an ill-starred pole vault demonstration.
• The coach has been supervising training sessions with the help of a buggy loaned to him by a local golf course. He said: "I know how it works as when I play golf I always use a buggy because I suffer from an arthritic hip. I think my players will be very happy to see me back on the pitch so fast."
• AZ did not have a game on Matchday 2 after drawing their opener 1-1 at FC Zenit St. Petersburg.
• Larissa are still seeking their first points in Group A. Having lost their opener 3-1 at Everton FC, they were beaten 3-2 by Zenit on Matchday 2 - their first ever home defeat in UEFA club competition.
• AZ and Larissa have never before met in UEFA club competition.
• AZ met Larissa's Super League rivals PAOK FC in the first round of the 2004/05 UEFA Cup, winning 3-2 in Greece and 2-1 at home to reach the group stage.
• Larissa have never come up against Dutch opposition before.
• Larissa's Alexandros Vergonis celebrates his 22nd birthday on 1 December, two days after the AZ game, while Christos Kalantzis turns 25 on the same day.
• Ari will miss the rest of the group stage following his dismissal on Matchday 1.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.