|Attempts on target||39||14|
|Attempts off target||28||21|
|E||Sparta Praha||Spartak Moskva|
Teenage striker Agüero could be the man to fear as Aberdeen FC look to put themselves into Group C contention at Club Atlético de Madrid.
• The diminutive Argentinian has already scored four goals since the UEFA Cup first round, having joined Atlético in 2006 after impressing in his home country with CA Independiente. He made his senior debut at the age of 15 years and 35 days.
• Agüero scored twice as his side drew 3-3 at FC Lokomotiv Moskva in their opening game, drawing praise from home coach Anatoli Byshovets, who said: "He was a delight to watch. He reminds me of Romário - in fact I would go even further and say he's better than Romário. Seeing him play was as enjoyable as visiting the Prado Museum in Madrid."
• Antonio López's next yellow card will incur a one-match ban.
• Atlético are still third in the section, despite not playing on Matchday 2.
• Aberdeen also have a point, but have played two games, losing 3-0 at Panathinaikos FC in their opening fixture and then drawing 1-1 at home against Lokomotiv.
• Alexander Diamond's 27th-minute opener against Lokomotiv on Matchday 2 was the 150th goal the Scottish club have scored in UEFA club competition since making their continental debut with a 10-0 home win against KR Reykjavík in the first round of the 1967/68 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup.
• The two sides have never met in UEFA club competition.
• Atlético have played six previous games against Scottish opposition, winning three, drawing two and losing one. In their three home games against Premier League sides they have won two and drawn one.
• Aberdeen have won all three of their previous games against Spanish opposition, most notably when a side managed by Sir alex Ferguson beat Atlético's neighbours Real Madrid CF 2-1 in the 1982/83 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final.
• Eric Black gave the Scottish side an eighth-minute lead in Gothenburg and although Juan Gómez González swiftly equalised, a goal from substitute John Hewitt with nine minutes of extra time remaining sealed a memorable win.
• Aberdeen have not won in their last four European away fixtures, a run which stretches back to a 1-0 win against Dublin side Bohemian FC in the 2000/01 UEFA Cup qualifying round.
• Lokomotiv are at home against København in the day's other Group B game.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.