|Attempts on target||38||53|
|Attempts off target||28||45|
RSC Anderlecht are preparing to meet Tottenham Hotspur FC for the first time since 1984, when the two sides played each other in the UEFA Cup final over two legs.
• The English side prevailed 4-3 on penalties after 1-1 draws in both legs of the tie, to deny Anderlecht as they attempted to become the first side to defend the UEFA Cup. They beat SL Benfica in the 1982/83 final, but Paul van Himst's side came up short following the second leg at White Hart Lane.
• Paul Miller put Tottenham ahead in the first leg in Brussels but Morten Olsen – now Denmark coach – equalised five minutes from time.
• Alexandre Czerniatynski then put Anderlecht ahead in the second leg, only for Graham Roberts to level late on, taking the game into extra time and then penalties. Roberts, Marc Falco, Gary Stevens and Steve Archibald converted from the spot for Tottenham, with Daniel Thomas missing their final effort. Olsen missed Anderlecht's first, and while Kenneth Brylle Larsen, Enzo Scifo and recently-dismissed coach Frank Vercauteren converted the next three, Arnór Gudjohnsen's miss handed Tottenham victory.
• Arnór Gudjohnsen is the father of FC Barcelona star Eidur Gudjohnsen.
• Also lining up for Anderlecht in that tie were current Belgium coach René Vandereycken and former Tottenham sporting director Frank Arnesen, now at Chelsea FC.
• Tottenham are top of Group G having played three games. Coach Martin Jol was dismissed after their 2-1 defeat at home by Getafe CF, and they have since won 2-0 at Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC and 3-2 at home against Aalborg BK under Juande Ramos.
• A point at Anderlecht would put them in the last 32 and leave former Sevilla FC coach Ramos on course for an unprecedented third successive UEFA Cup triumph.
• Anderlecht, playing in their first European game since Ariël Jacobs replaced Vercauteren as coach, have four points after a 2-0 home win against Hapoel and a 1-1 draw at AaB. Victory would take them through to the last 32 regardless of their Matchday 5 result at Getafe.
• Anderlecht have played 27 games against English sides, winning six, drawing three and losing 18. At home, they have won five, drawn two and lost six.
• They have lost their last six games, home and away, against English sides.
• Tottenham have played five games against Belgian sides, winning two, drawing two and losing one. They have not won in two games on Belgian soil - drawing one and losing one - but beat Club Brugge KV 3-1 at home in last season's UEFA Cup group stage.
• Anderlecht forward Mbo Mpenza celebrates his 31st birthday on 4 December, two days before the Tottenham game.
• Anderlecht midfielder Bart Goor and Tottenham's Hossam Ghaly were team-mates at Feyenoord in 2004/05.
• Anderlecht goalkeeper Davy Schollen and Tottenham midfielder Didier Zokora played together at KRC Genk between 2002 and 2004.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.