|Attempts on target||33||32|
|Attempts off target||26||33|
Rangers FC will need little reminding of Panathinaikos FC's last visit to Ibrox as the Greek side return to Glasgow in the UEFA Cup Round of 32.
• The two sides met in the 2003/04 UEFA Champions League group stage. A late goal from Pantelis Konstantinidis earned Panathinaikos a 1-1 draw in Athens, following Emerson's opener for Rangers and the dismissal of Ioannis Goumas.
• Itzhak Shum's Panathinaikos then denied Rangers a UEFA Cup place in the second leg, recovering from going a goal down to Michael Mols' effort to win 3-1, with Raimondas Žutautas, Angelos Basinas and Michalis Konstantinou scoring at Ibrox.
• Goalkeeper Allan McGregor was an unused substitute in both those games for Alex McLeish's Rangers, while midfielder Chris Burke played in the second leg.
• Current Panathinaikos player Nasief Morris started both legs with defender Goumas coming on as a substitute in the first leg and starting in the second. Forward Dimitris Papadopoulos also came on as a substitute in the first leg.
• Panathinaikos left-back Panagiotis Fyssas, who spent two seasons in Scotland with Heart of Midlothian FC, also played in the first leg of that tie. He moved on to SL Benfica and then Hearts returning to Athens in the summer of 2007.
• In total, Rangers have played six games against Greek opposition, winning one, drawing two and losing three. They have won one of their three games against Greek sides at Ibrox but lost the remaining two.
• Their only games against Greek opposition under Walter Smith's management ended in a 2-0 defeat away and a 1-0 defeat at home against AEK Athens FC in the qualifying rounds of the 1994/95 UEFA Champions League.
• Having beaten Aberdeen FC 3-0 at home in this season's UEFA Cup group stage, Panathinaikos have now played three games against Scottish sides, winning two and drawing one, and triumphed on their only previous trip to Scotland.
• Panathinaikos have won two of their three away games in Europe this season.
• Rangers striker Jean-Claude Darcheville and Panathinaikos defender Joseph Enakarhire were team-mates at FC Girondins de Bordeaux in the 2006/07 season.
• Panathinaikos' Marcelo Mattos celebrated his 24th birthday on 10 February while team-mate Alexandros Tziolis turns 23 on 13 February.
• Rangers qualified for the Round of 32 after finishing third in UEFA Champions League Group E. Panathinaikos finished second in UEFA Cup Group B.
• Panathinaikos will host the second leg in Athens on 21 February. The aggregate winners will meet the victors of the tie between Werder Bremen and SC Braga in the Round of 16 on 6 and 12/13 March, playing the first leg at home.
• Winter UEFA Cup registrations
Rangers: In - Alexander Neil, Christian Dailly, Steven Davis.
Out – Roy Carroll, Alan Hutton, DaMarcus Beasley.
Panathinaikos: In - Filippos Darlas, Hélder Postiga, Manucho.
Out – Joseph Enakarhire, Stefanos Siontis, Sotiris Leontiou, Evangelos Mantzios.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.