|Attempts on target||67||3|
|Attempts off target||78||4|
ACF Fiorentina will look to ease their way into the UEFA Cup Round of 16 as they defend a 1-0 lead from the first leg of their tie against Rosenborg BK in Norway.
• Romanian international Adrian Mutu scored the only goal of the game in Trondheim. The 29-year-old's effort was Fiorentina's 50th goal in the UEFA Cup.
• The aggregate victors will meet the winners of the tie between 2007 Norwegian champions Brann and Everton FC in the Round of 16 on 6 and 12/13 March, playing the first leg at home. However, with Brann losing their home leg 2-0, an all-Norwegian affair is looking unlikely.
• Rosenborg will need to buck the trend in a big way if they are to progress. In 26 UEFA club competition games between Norwegian and Italian clubs, the Scandinavian side has won only three times, with five draws and 18 defeats.
• Rosenborg qualified for the Round of 32 after finishing third in UEFA Champions League Group B. Fiorentina came second in UEFA Cup Group C behind Villarreal CF.
• However, Fiorentina's campaign has been tinged with tragedy, as coach Cesare Prandelli took time off after the death of his wife Manuela at the age of 45 following a long illness.
• Rosenborg have now played 13 games against Italian opposition, winning one, drawing four and losing eight. Their six previous trips to Italy ended in five draws and a famous 2-1 win at AC Milan in the 1996/97 UEFA Champions League group stage.
• The first leg was Fiorentina first game against Norwegian opposition.
• Rosenborg have announced that Aalborg BK's Swedish coach Erik Hamrén will take over as their new manager in June once his contract with the Danish club expires. "I think it is a terrific challenge," he said, having agreed a two-year contract. "Rosenborg are a great club in Scandinavia and are respected across Europe, too."
• In the meantime, Trond Henriksen will continue to act as stand-in coach, having replaced Knut Tørum last autumn.
• Henriksen was in the Rosenborg side that lost 5-0 at UC Sampdoria and then 2-1 at home in the first round of the 1991/92 European Champion Clubs' Cup.
• Fiorentina striker Christian Vieri has played against Rosenborg four times before, all in the UEFA Champions League. He most recently faced them in the 2002/03 edition with FC Internazionale Milano. Inter won 3-0 at home and drew 2-2 in Norway, but Vieri did not score in either leg. However, he did register when playing for Juventus at Rosenborg in the 1996/97 UEFA Champions League quarter-final first leg which ended 1-1. The Italian side then progressed to the semi-finals after a 2-0 home victory.
• Rosenborg's Marek Sapara is within a booking of a match suspension, while Fiorentina can call on Marco Donadel again after he served a match ban during the first leg in Trondheim.
• Winter UEFA Cup registrations
Rosenborg: In – Rune Almenning Jarstein, John Pelu, Vadim Demidov.
Out – Mika Koppinen, Vidar Riseth, Lars Hirschfeld, Mikael Dorsin, Jon Arne Krakens.
Fiorentina: In – Vlada Avramov, Daniele Cacia, Alessandro Potenza.
Out – Federico Balzaretti, Anthony Vanden Borre, Michele Pazienze, Danilo D'Ambrosio.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.