|Attempts on target||52||16|
|Attempts off target||34||7|
|D||Dinamo Zagreb||Spartak Moskva|
Paris Saint-Germain FC and Real Racing Club will be eager to breathe some life into their UEFA Cup campaigns as they occupy the bottom two slots in Group A ahead of their Matchday 3 rendezvous.
• PSG are playing their second pool game after losing 3-1 to FC Schalke 04 in their opener. Racing have just one point after losing to FC Twente and then drawing at home against Schalke on Matchday 2.
• This is PSG and Racing's first meeting in UEFA club competition.
• PSG have played eleven ties against Spanish sides over the years, winning five, drawing two and losing four. However, they have lost their last three games against Liga opposition, a run which began with a 1-0 defeat against FC Barcelona in the 1996/97 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final in Rotterdam.
• PSG coach Paul Le Guen was among the disappointed players that day, playing all 90 minutes of the match.
• In five home games against Spanish opponents, they have won three, drawn one and lost one.
• This is Racing's first competitive fixture against French opposition, hardly surprising as this is only their second season in Europe following a brief UEFA Intertoto Cup campaign in 2003.
• Racing are coached by Juan Ramón López Muñiz, a former central defender with Real Sporting de Gijón, Rayo Vallecano and CD Numancia, who moved to Santander from Málaga CF this summer.
• Including the aforementioned UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final, Le Guen played in eight games against Spanish clubs with PSG, winning four, drawing two and losing two. His PSG side never lost at home against Spanish opponents, winning three games and drawing one.
• As coach of Olympique Lyonnais, he came up against Real Sociedad de Fútbol in the first knockout round of the 2003/04 UEFA Champions League, with his side winning 2-0 on aggregate. PSG forward Péguy Luyindula also played in both legs of that fixture.
• Several members of the PSG squad have experience of Spanish football. Claude Makelele played at RC Celta de Vigo from 1998 to 2000 and with Real Madrid CF from 2000 to 2004. He played alongside Racing striker Pedro Munitis at the Santiago Bernabéu from 2000 to 2003.
• In addition, Ludovic Giuly was at Barcelona from 2004 to 2007, Fabrice Pancrate spent the 2006/07 season on loan at Real Betis Balompié, while Mateja Kežman played alongside Racing defender Juan Valera at Club Atlético de Madrid in 2005/06.
• Racing boast French talent in the form of midfielders Peter Luccin and Medhj Lacen.
• Luccin played for PSG in 2000/01, following spells at AS Cannes, Olympique de Marseille and FC Girondins de Bordeaux. He has played for Celta, Atlético, Real Zaragoza and Racing since moving to Spain in 2001.
• Lacen had a less illustrious career in France, representing Stade Lavallois Mayenne-FC and ASOA Valence before moving to Deportivo Alavés in 2005 and joining Racing this summer.
• Racing's Romanian defender László Sepsi also spent a season in France, playing on loan at Stade Rennais FC in 2005/06. During his time at the club, he played alongside PSG defender Grégory Bourillon.
• Óscar Serrano is within a booking of a one-match suspension.
• Schalke play Manchester City FC in Thursday's other Group A tie. Twente are the only side in the section not in action on Matchday 3.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.