|Attempts on target||32||29|
|Attempts off target||28||14|
There is nothing but pride left to play for as Portsmouth FC host SC Heerenveen on Matchday 5 with both sides already sure to finish in the bottom two in Group E following fateful defeats in the last round of games.
• The combination of Portsmouth's 3-2 loss at VfL Wolfsburg and Heerenveen's 2-1 defeat at home against SC Braga ensured the top three teams took an unassailable lead over the bottom pair, who are now competing to avoid finishing last in the section.
• This is the Portsmouth and Heerenveen's first meeting in UEFA club competition and also Portsmouth's first game against Dutch opposition.
• Heerenveen have played four games against English sides, losing all of them.
• They met a West Ham United FC side led by former Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp in the 1999 UEFA Intertoto Cup semi-finals, losing 1-0 in both legs, and went down 2-1 home and away against Newcastle United FC in the 2004/05 UEFA Cup Round of 32.
• Portsmouth manager Tony Adams has never faced Dutch opposition in UEFA club competition, though he represented England in five international games against the Netherlands, with his record reading W2 D2 L1.
• Heerenveen's Norwegian coach Trond Sollied has never played or coached in a competitive game against an English side.
• Nwankwo Kanu is the only Portsmouth player to have played in the Eredivisie, representing AFC Ajax from 1993 to 1996.
• Only one Heerenveen player has experience of English football, with Gerald Sibon having represented Sheffield Wednesday FC from 1999 to 2003. During his time at Hillsborough he played four second division games against Portsmouth, with his record reading W0 D2 L2. His only game at Fratton Park ended in a 0-0 draw.
• Portsmouth's Niko Kranjčar and Heerenveen's Danijel Pranjić played together at NK Dinamo Zagreb in 2004/05.
• Portsmouth's Younes Kaboul and Heerenveen's Bonaventure Kalou were team-mates at AJ Auxerre in 2004/05.
• Kalou also played alongside Portsmouth's Nadir Belhadj at RC Lens in 2007/08.
• Portsmouth remain unbeaten at home after two UEFA competition matches, having scored twice in both of those games.
• Heerenveen have not won in their last five European away games, drawing two games and losing three since a 3-0 win at Vitória FC in the 2006/07 UEFA Cup first round.
• Milan meet Wolfsburg in Matchday 5's other Group E game. Braga are the only team not in action in the section.
• The draw for the UEFA Cup Round of 32 and Round of 16 will be held at UEFA Headquarters in Nyon on Friday 19 December at 13.00CET. Group winners will be paired with third-placed sides from other UEFA Cup sections, while second-placed finishers will be drawn against one of the eight sides who finished third in the UEFA Champions League groups. The UEFA Cup group winners and runners-up will play the second leg at home. Teams from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.