This content is streamed in such a way that it is protected and available only in a Flash format. Your device seems not to be compatible with our Flash video player.
|Attempts on target||38||61|
|Attempts off target||0||1|
PFC Levski Sofia and S.S. Lazio will be looking to give their respective UEFA Europa League campaigns some impetus after both suffered Matchday 1 losses, with the Bulgarian hosts aiming to continue a decent recent home record against Italian visitors.
• The two sides have never met. Levski have won their last two home games against Serie A sides, beating Udinese Calcio in the 2005/06 UEFA Cup round of 16 and AC Chievo Verona 2-0 in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round the following season. On Lazio's only previous trip to Bulgaria, they earned a 2-0 victory at PFC Lokomotiv Plovdiv 1936 in the 1993/94 UEFA Cup first round.
• Levski competed in one UEFA Cup group stage, reaching the quarter-finals in 2005/06. Lazio's only UEFA Cup group stage campaign was in 2004/05 when they fell short of a place in the round of 32.
• Levski are coached by Serbian trainer Ratko Dostanić, a former defender who spent his whole career in France, representing the likes of SM Caen and Le Mans UC 72. He then served his coaching apprenticeship as assistant to Slavoljub Muslin at Levski and FK Crvena Zvezda before going it alone. Since 2003 he has coached nine clubs in five different countries.
• Formerly a player at AC Cesena, Davide Ballardini took over as Lazio coach during the summer following the departure of Delio Rossi. He had previously been in charge at Cagliari Calcio before earning a number of fine results as boss of US Città di Palermo last season.
• Levski take their name from Bulgarian national hero Vasil Levski.
• Levski visit FC Salzburg on Matchday 3, while Lazio host Villarreal CF on the same night, 22 October.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.