This content is streamed in such a way that it is protected and available only in a Flash format. Your device seems not to be compatible with our Flash video player.
|Attempts on target||93||75|
|Attempts off target||0||0|
LOSC Lille Métropole will look to maintain their impressive home form in Europe against last-32 opponents Fenerbahçe SK – but the Turkish visitors' record on the road this season points to a closely fought contest.
• This is Lille's first game against opponents from Turkey, but Fenerbahçe have taken on French teams on 13 occasions, leaving them with the record W3 D1 L9 (W1 D0 L5 in France).
• Lille made it through the UEFA Cup round of 32 in 2004/05 and 2005/06, beating FC Basel 1893 and FC Shakhtar Donetsk respectively, but fell at the next hurdle on both occasions, losing to AJ Auxerre and Sevilla FC.
• Lille have lost just one of their last 15 European home games, going down 1-0 to Manchester United FC in the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League first knockout round.
• Fenerbahçe made it to last 32 of the UEFA Cup twice, but were eliminated on both occasions, by Real Zaragoza in 2004/05 and AZ Alkmaar in 2006/07.
• Fenerbahçe are unbeaten in five away games this season, and have won their last four fixtures on the road without conceding a goal.
• Fenerbahçe coach Christoph Daum has taken on French opponents in four games as a coach, with Bayer 04 Leverkusen and his current club, and has yet to win, recording a draw and three defeats.
• Mickäel Landreau has played four previous games against Turkish sides. With FC Nantes, he took on Galatasaray AŞ in the 2001/02 UEFA Champions League group stage, losing 1-0 at home and drawing 0-0 in Istanbul.
• Landreau also played in both legs as Paris Saint-Germain FC beat Kayserispor in the 2008/09 UEFA Cup first round, winning 2-1 in Turkey and drawing 0-0 at home. Fenerbahçe midfielder Mehmet Topuz played for Kayserispor in the first of those ties.
• Eden Hazard came on as a substitute at Belgium's 2-0 win against Turkey in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier last October.
• Deivid has experience of Ligue 1 football, having represented FC Girondins de Bordeaux in the 2003/04 season. Lille's Rio Mavuba was also playing at the Stade Chaban-Delmas at that time.
• Fenerbahçe will be without Uğur Boral for the remainder of the season after he damaged cruciate ligaments in a domestic league game in early February.
• Lille have scored eleven of their 14 goals since the start of the UEFA Europa League group stage after the hour mark.
• The tie concludes in Istanbul on 25 February with the winners to face the victors of the tie between Liverpool FC and FC Unirea Urziceni in the round of 16 on 11 and 18 March, playing the first leg at home.
Misses next match if booked: Florent Balmont, Yohan Cabaye, Ludovic Obraniak
Players added to squad: none
Players removed from squad: Emil Lyng, Róbert Vittek, Sammy Ndjock
Misses next match if booked: André Santos, Lugano
Players added to squad: Gökay İravul, Okan Alkan, Enis Gül
Players removed from squad: Roberto Carlos, Kazım Kazım, Yasin Gurbet, Alper Piliç
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.