|Attempts on target||68||137|
|Attempts off target||1||13|
Marcell Jansen's penalty helped Hamburger SV edge a first-leg lead in their UEFA Europa League round of 32 tie, but PSV Eindhoven will be upbeat about their chances after winning all of their European home games this season.
• Jansen converted from the spot (26) for the side whose Hamburg Arena will host the inaugural UEFA Europa League final.
• Hamburg and PSV met in the second round of the 1980/81 UEFA Cup, Branislav Zebec's Hamburg beating Thijs Libregts' charges 3-2 on aggregate thanks to a 2-1 second-leg victory at the old Volksparkstadion.
• The lineups for the 1-1 draw in Eindhoven on 22 October 1980 were:
PSV: Doesburg, Wildschut, Stevens, Brandts, Poorvliet, Postuma, Rene van de Kerkhof (Huh, 65), Willy van de Kerkhof (Koster, 46), Van Kraay, Valke, Van der Kuijlen.
Hamburg: Koitka, Kaltz, Groh, Hieronymus (Hidien, 46), Jakobs, Buljan, Reimann, Hartwig, Hrubesch, Magath, Memering.
• Hamburg's 12 games against Dutch opposition have yielded the record W6 D1 L5; W2 D1 L2 away. PSV have played 33 games against German teams and their record is W8 D8 L17; at home, W7 D4 L5.
• UEFA Cup semi-finalists last season, Hamburg featured in the competition's last 32 in three of the last four campaigns and progressed to the round of 16 on all three occasions, beating FC Thun (2005/06), FC Zürich (2007/08) and NEC Nijmegen (2008/09).
• Hamburg have won only one of their last three away games in Europe, beating Celtic FC 1-0 in between defeats at SK Rapid Wien and Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC.
• PSV last played in the UEFA Cup round of 32 in 2007/08, beating Helsingborgs IF en route to a quarter-final exit at the hands of ACF Fiorentina.
• PSV have won all five of their European home games this season by the same scoreline: 1-0.
• Coached by Dutchman Martin Jol last season, Hamburg boast plenty of talent from the Netherlands in the form of Joris Mathijsen, Eljero Elia and Ruud van Nistelrooy, signed from Real Madrid CF in January. In addition, Marcus Berg previously played in the Eredivisie with FC Groningen.
• Prior to the first leg, Van Nistelrooy had not come up against PSV in a competitive game since leaving the club for Manchester United FC in 2001. From 1998 to 2001, Van Nistelrooy scored 62 goals in 67 league games for PSV and won two league titles, two Dutch Player of the Season awards and was twice the league's top scorer.
• Elia, Van Nistelrooy and Mathijsen are Dutch internationals, as are PSV's André Ooijer, Ibrahim Afellay and Orlando Engelaar.
• Mathijsen and PSV's Jan Kromkamp were defensive team-mates at AZ Alkmaar in 2004/05. Mathijsen and Danny Koevermans were also AZ team-mates from 2005 to 2007.
• Elia and Engelaar played together at FC Twente in 2007/08 before the latter moved to Germany to join Fred Rutten at FC Schalke 04. He then followed the coach back to PSV in the summer.
• Andreas Isaksson and Ola Toivonen are team-mates with Berg for Sweden.
• Hamburg's David Rozenhal and PSV's Timmy Simons were team-mates at Club Brugge KV from 2003 to 2005.
• Danko Lazović spent 2005/06 at Bayer 04 Leverkusen.
• Hamburg need three goals to bring up 400 in UEFA club competition and have conceded 248 times.
• PSV are four goals short of 400 in UEFA club competition.
• The winners of this tie face Athletic Club or RSC Anderlecht in the round of 16 on 11 and 18 March, playing the first leg at home.
• PSV have been involved in five penalty shoot-outs in past continental fixtures, winning three and losing two. Perhaps significantly, they have never lost a shoot-out on home soil, beating Olympique Lyonnais 4-2 in 2004/05 and Tottenham Hotspur FC 6-5 in 2007/08.
• Hamburg lost their only European penalty shoot-out 4-3 on home turf against Dutch opponents Sparta Rotterdam following a 2-2 aggregate draw in the 1985/86 UEFA Cup first round.
Suspended: David Jarolím
Misses next match if booked: Marcell Jansen, Piotr Trochowski
Players added to squad: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Tolgay Arslan, Henrik Dettmann, Gerrit Pressel
Players removed from squad: Mickaël Tavares, Romeo Castelen
Misses next match if booked: Ibrahim Afellay, Stanislav Manolev, Erik Pieters
Players added to squad: none
Players removed from squad: Stef Nijland, Haibin Zhou, Jonathan Reis, Nigel Hasselbaink
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.