Nickname: Zholto-Sinie (Yellow-Blues)
UEFA club competition honours (runners-up in brackets)
Domestic honours (most recent triumph in brackets)
• League title: 7 (2010)
• Belarus Cup: 2 (2010)
• Borisov's most significant footballing export started life as the team of the BATE factory in 1973 – the initials stand for Borisov Automobile and Tractor Electronics – playing in the eastern second division of the Soviet-era Belarusian second division, and earning promotion to the top flight in their first season.
• They went on to win the Belarusian top division title at the first attempt too, that 1974 success followed by further titles in 1976 and 1979 as well as the 1976 Soviet Belarus Cup. However the team was disbanded in 1981, with the likes of FC Berezina, FC Avtomobilist, FC Iskra and FC Fomalgaout representing the city in the following years.
• New sponsors revived the club in March 1996 under the leadership of president Anatoliy Kapsky and they swiftly rose from the third division in post-independence Belarus, finishing second when they made their top-division debut in 1998 and winning the first of their two titles under coach Yuri Puntus the following year.
• Puntus oversaw a second title triumph in 2002 but was replaced by Igor Kriushenko ahead of the 2005 campaign; the former BATE reserve coach won the 2006 league and cup double and another title the following season before his assistant Viktor Goncharenko took his place.
• Barely 30 when he took charge, the former BATE defender led the club to three further titles and into the 2008/09 UEFA Champions League and through two UEFA Europa League group stages in subsequent seasons; in 2010/11 they qualified for the spring stages of a UEFA club competition for the first time.
Most appearances: Dmitri Likhtarovich (317)*
Most goals: Nikolai Ryndyuk (74)
Record victory: BATE 10-0 FC Stroitel (Belarusian second division, 22 October 1997)
Record defeat: BATE 1-7 FC Lokomotiv Moskva (UEFA Cup second qualifying round, 12 August 1999)
* Last updated 5 January 2011
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.