|Attempts on target||26||29|
|Attempts off target||39||33|
|F||CSKA Moskva||Sparta Praha|
Rosenborg BK have yet to lose against Greek opposition in Trondheim, but fresh from beating holders Club Atlético de Madrid on Matchday 1, Aris Thessaloniki FC will look to end that run in UEFA Europa League Group B.
• The sides are meeting for the first time in UEFA club competition, and this is also Aris's first game against Norwegian opposition.
• Rosenborg played eight games against Greek sides in the UEFA Champions League with the record W3 D3 L2 (W2 D2 L0 in Trondheim).
• Rosenborg are unbeaten in five European home games – four wins and a draw – since losing 4-0 to Valencia CF in the 2008/09 UEFA Cup group stage.
• Aris have avoided defeat in their two European away fixtures so far this season. But they are still searching for a first group stage success on their travels – in their only previous group campaign, in the 2007/08 UEFA Cup, they recorded a draw and a 6-0 defeat on the road.
• Nile Arne Eggen is a legend at Rosenborg, having played for the club in the 1960s and helped them win 11 Norwegian titles in a row as a coach from 1992 until 2004, though he took time off during the 1998 campaign. Eggen is currently helping out as caretaker coach following Erik Hamrén's move to take charge of Sweden. Stabæk Fotball coach Jan Jönsson is set to replace him in the winter.
• Aris coach Héctor Cúper made his name in Spain. The former Argentina defender coached RCD Mallorca, Valencia CF – whom he led to the 2000 and 2001 UEFA Champions League finals – and Real Betis Balompié. He took over at Aris in November 2009.
• Cúper came up against Eggen's Rosenborg while he was coach of FC Internazionale Milano, with his side drawing 2-2 in Trondheim and winning 3-0 in Milan in the 2002/03 UEFA Champions League first group stage. Midfielder Roar Strand played for Rosenborg in both games.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.