|Attempts on target||48||22|
|Attempts off target||49||23|
|L||CSKA Sofia||Rapid Wien|
|D||Dinamo Zagreb||Club Brugge|
Martin Rueda's men will look to avoid a similar fate to the FC Lausanne-Sport outfit who visited AC Sparta Praha in 1965, as the sides are reunited in UEFA Europa League Group F.
• The clubs met in the 1965/66 European Champion Clubs' Cup preliminary round. Lausanne – led by four-time Switzerland coach Karl Rappan – held a Sparta side marshalled by Václav Ježek – who would guide Czechoslovakia to glory at the 1976 UEFA European Championship – to a 0-0 draw at home. However, the Swiss outfit lost 4-0 in Prague, with Ivan Mráz scoring a hat-trick.
• The teams for that decisive meeting at the Letná Stadium on 29 September 1965 were:
Sparta: Kramerius, Tichý, Vojta, Kvašňák, Mašek, Vrána, Táborský, Dyba, Gůra, Kos, Mráz.
Lausanne: Elsener, Grobéty, Schneiter, Tacchella, Dürr, Hertig, Fuchs, Hunziker, Linder, Kerkhoffs, Polencent.
• The above matches represent Lausanne's only experience of Czech opposition, but Sparta have played five other games against Swiss sides, with their total record over seven matches reading W2 D2 L3 (W2 D1 L1 at home).
• Sparta have won three times but lost twice in their most recent five European home games, with FC København and MŠK Žilina both leaving the Czech capital with victories.
• Lausanne have not won in five European games, and have lost both of their group stage fixtures without scoring.
• Alongside Sporting Clube de Portugal's Alberto Zapater, Lausanne's Silvio committed nine fouls in the opening two group stage games; more than any other players in the competition.
• Capped 52 times by Czechoslovakia, former midfielder Jozef Chovanec is Sparta to the core. He served the club for the bulk of his playing career and has continued his association since moving into coaching, taking charge for four separate spells as well as leading 1. FK Příbram, FC Kuban Krasnodar and the Czech Republic national team.
• Born to Spanish parents, Lausanne coach Martin Rueda won five caps for Switzerland as a defender, representing Grasshopper-Club, FC Wettingen 93, FC Luzern and Neuchâtel Xamax FC in UEFA club competition.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.