|Attempts on target||26||55|
|Attempts off target||39||60|
Playing their last home game of the year, Rosenborg BK know anything but victory against Bayer 04 Leverkusen could edge them towards UEFA Europa League elimination while their guests are targeting a last-32 place.
• Rosenborg will need a win if they are to be sure of having something to play for on Matchday 6. A draw combined with anything but defeat for Club Atlético de Madrid in their home fixture against Aris Thessaloniki FC would also spell the end. Victory will send Leverkusen through.
• A Patrick Helmes hat-trick helped Leverkusen beat Rosenborg 4-0 at the BayArena as the sides met for the first time on Matchday 1, in what was Leverkusen's first game against a Norwegian club.
• Rosenborg have played nine games against Bundesliga opponents with the record W1 D3 L5 (W0 D3 L1 at home). That sole victory was a 3-0 success at Borussia Dortmund on their first UEFA club competition trip to Germany on 19 October 1999. It was also the only time they ever kept a clean sheet against a German side.
• Rosenborg have lost four of their last five European games, barring a 2-1 home win against Aris on Matchday 2. However, the 2-1 defeat by Atlético last time out ended a six-match unbeaten run in Norway, and indeed a procession of four straight wins at the Lerkendal Stadium.
• Leverkusen are unbeaten in seven European games since a 4-1 loss to FC Zenit St Petersburg in the 2007/08 UEFA Cup quarter-finals. They have not lost an away tie since going down 3-2 at Hamburger SV in the round of 16 of the same competition.
• This will be Leverkusen's 150th game in UEFA club competition. Their record in 149 previous games reads W66 D36 L47.
• A fine striker in his day, Leverkusen coach Jupp Heynckes won the 1972 UEFA European Championship and 1974 FIFA World Cup with West Germany, and also claimed four domestic titles, a German Cup and the 1974/75 UEFA Cup with VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach. As a coach, he also won two league titles with FC Bayern München. He took charge at Leverkusen in June 2009.
• Heynckes' Real Madrid CF played Rosenborg in the group stage on the way to winning the 1997/98 UEFA Champions League. Having won 4-1 at the Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid lost 2-0 in Trondheim. It was their only defeat in Europe that season.
• Coach Nils Arne Eggen is a legend at Rosenborg, having played for the club in the 1960s and helped them win 11 Norwegian titles in succession as a coach from 1992 to 2002, though he took time off during the 1998 campaign.
• Eggen is helping out as caretaker manager following Erik Hamrén's move to take charge of Sweden. Stabæk Fotball coach Jan Jönsson will assume control on 1 January 2011.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.