|Attempts on target||40||38|
|Attempts off target||36||54|
|F||Sparta Praha||CSKA Moskva|
One side will end the evening disappointed in UEFA Europa League Group J, with Sevilla FC bidding to deny German league leaders Borussia Dortmund a place in the round of 32.
• Paris Saint-Germain FC are sure to qualify regardless of their result at eliminated FC Karpaty Lviv, leaving Sevilla and Dortmund to scrap for the other qualifying slot. Sitting a point behind their hosts in third, the German side must avenge a Matchday 2 home defeat if they are to progress.
• Luca Cigarini scored in first-half added time to give Sevilla coach Gregorio Manzano a 1-0 debut win as the sides met for the first time in Germany on Matchday 2. The goal was Sevilla's 100th in the UEFA Cup and UEFA Europa League.
• Sevilla's 11 encounters with Bundesliga sides have ended W7 D3 L1 (W4 D2 L0 at home). They have conceded only once in their six home games against Bundesliga opponents, Zdravko Kuzmanović's equaliser in a 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart in last season's UEFA Champions League group stage.
• Dortmund's record in 15 outings against Spanish clubs now reads W4 D4 L7 (W1 D1 L5 in Spain). They have lost their last three games in Spain since earning their only victory on Spanish soil, a 1-0 success against Club Atlético de Madrid in the 1996/97 UEFA Champions League group stage.
• A 4-0 win against Karpaty on Matchday 4 ended a three-game continental losing streak at home for Sevilla. However, their three-game European winning run under new coach Manzano ended with a 4-2 loss at PSG last time out.
• That 4-0 victory against Karpaty matched their best ever results on their own turf in UEFA club competition. It was their fourth 4-0 home success in Europe.
• Dortmund are unbeaten in six European away games (four wins, two draws) since a 4-0 UEFA Cup second round loss at FC Sochaux-Montbéliard on 27 November 2003. They have picked up as many points in their two Group J away games (four) as they have in three home ties.
• This will be Sevilla's 100th game in UEFA club competition; their previous 99 have ended W53 D19 L27, with 163 goals scored and 101 conceded.
• All but one of Sevilla's eight Group J goals have been scored in the first half of their games. They have yet to register after the hour-mark in this section, but are particularly dangerous in the closing stages of the first half – six of their goals have come between the 30th minute and the half-time whistle.
• Dortmund's Mats Hummels turns 22 the day after the Sevilla game.
• Dortmund's next reverse will be their 50th in UEFA club competition. This will be their 170th European encounter.
• Gregorio Manzano replaced Antonio Álvarez as Sevilla coach in the lead-up to the Matchday 2 win at Dortmund. A head coach since his mid-20s, he first took charge of a top division game with Real Valladolid CF in 1999/2000. He won the 2002/03 Spanish Cup in his first spell with RCD Mallorca and rejoined the club in 2006 for a four-year stint that ended with his departure in May 2010.
• Dortmund coach Jürgen Klopp started his career as a striker, converting to a defender midway through an 11-year spell at 1. FSV Mainz 05. Moving from the pitch to the bench in 2001, he led Mainz to the top division in Germany – and into European competition – for the first time, but stepped down at the end of the 2007/08 campaign to replace Thomas Doll as Dortmund coach. He signed a contract extension on 25 November.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.