|Attempts on target||40||99|
|Attempts off target||36||107|
Gregorio Manzano's Sevilla FC will look to put a play-off defeat by Portuguese opponents behind them as they meet FC Porto in the UEFA Europa League round of 32, with the visitors' new coach on song in continental competition.
• The clubs will be crossing paths for the first time but have abundant experience of playing against sides from their opponents' home countries.
• Sevilla's ten games against Portuguese teams have left them with a record reading W5 D2 L3 (W4 D1 L1 at home). That lone home defeat came in this season's UEFA Champions League play-offs, when they went down 4-3 to SC Braga.
• Porto's 32 encounters with Spanish opponents have produced the record W10 D5 L17 (W4 D2 L10 in Spain). Those fixtures include the 2004 UEFA Super Cup, which they lost 2-1 to Valencia CF in Monaco. Porto have not lost on their last four trips to Spain.
• Sevilla ended a run of three straight European home defeats with a draw and a win in their final two UEFA Europa League group stage fixtures in Andalusia.
• Porto are unbeaten in eight European outings this season – all of their matches under coach André Villas-Boas, who was appointed in the summer – and have won all four of their 2010/11 UEFA Europa League games on the road.
• Porto's Falcao is the top scorer in this season's UEFA Europa League with seven goals, leaving him two clear of Tomáš Necid (PFC CSKA Moskva), Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal CF), Wilfried Bony (AC Sparta Praha), Artem Milevskiy (FC Dynamo Kyiv) and Edinson Cavani (SSC Napoli).
• Sevilla are at their most dangerous in the latter stages of the first half; eight of their ten UEFA Europa League group stage goals were scored between the 30-minute mark and the half-time whistle.
• Sevilla striker Luís Fabiano endured a difficult season with Porto in 2004/05, registering just three goals in 22 league appearances before moving to his current club.
• Porto defender Sereno enjoyed success against Sevilla last season, a 2-1 win, when on loan at Real Valladolid CF.
• Porto's Colombian midfielder Fredy Guarín played alongside Sevilla's Mouhamadou Dabo at AS Saint-Étienne from 2006 to 2008.
• The overall winners will take on the victors in the tie between PAOK FC and CSKA Moskva in the round of 16 on 10 and 17 March, playing the first leg away from home.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.