|Attempts on target||64||15|
|Attempts off target||62||22|
Sporting Clube de Portugal will look to forge further ahead in UEFA Europa League Group D as they take on an FC Vaslui side on a shaky run away from home.
• The clubs are meeting for the first time in UEFA competition and this is also Vaslui's first competitive contest with a Portuguese side.
• Sporting's four previous games against Romanian sides ended W2 D0 L2 (W2 D0 L0 at home). They have not conceded in two home games against visitors from Romania, scoring eight goals in the process.
• Sporting are unbeaten in six European games – three wins and three draws.
• They have also not lost in their last six UEFA home games – five wins and a draw. Their last home defeat came on matchday one of the 2010/11 UEFA Europa League group stage, as Brøndby IF came away from the José Alvalade 2-0 victors.
• Vaslui recorded 2-2 draws in both of their opening Group D games - against S.S. Lazio (away) and FC Zürich (home).
• Vaslui have not won in seven European away games (three draws and four defeats) since a 2-0 UEFA Cup second qualifying round victory at SK Liepājas Metalurgs on 14 August 2008.
• All four of Sporting's group stage goals this season have come before the break.
• Sporting's Ricky van Wolfswinkel scored in the 21st minute in both of the club's first two UEFA Europa League group stage games this season.
• Sporting's Stijn Schaars has come in for some special attention; he and FC Vorskla Poltava's Roman Bezus were fouled 11 times in the first two matchdays, more than any other players in the group stage.
• Vaslui's Brazilian central defender Gladstone played at Sporting on loan from Cruzeiro EC in the 2007/08 season, scoring once in 13 league appearances. Rui Patrício, Anderson Polga, Bruno Pereirinha and Marat Izmailov were all team-mates of his.
• Sporting defender Daniel Carriço was a team-mate of Vaslui left-back Hugo Luz while on loan at SC Olhanense in 2007/08.
• Vaslui's Brazilian midfielder Wesley played in Portugal for FC Penafiel, Vitória SC, FC Paços de Ferreira and Leixões SC, with whom he won a Liga game 1-0 at the José Alvalade.
• Sporting coach Domingos Paciência made his name in Europe last season by leading SC Braga to the UEFA Europa League final, where they lost 1-0 against FC Porto in Dublin.
• As a striker for Porto, Paciência played in four UEFA games against Romanian sides, winning three and drawing one. He scored in the last of them, a 4-0 European Champion Clubs' Cup home victory against FC Dinamo Bucureşti on 7 November 1990.
• Vaslui's Serbian midfielder Miloš Pavlović played under Paciência at A. Academica de Coimbra from 2007 to 2009. During that time he played in three games against Sporting; a 1-0 defeat and two draws, in one of which he scored.
• Vaslui coach Viorel Hizo twice took both FC Rapid Bucureşti and FC Ceahlăul Piatra Neamţ into Europe. Now 64, he has coached Vaslui (2006-07, 2008 and 2010-present) and Ceahlăul three times (1998-2000, 2003-04 and 2007-08), and has been Rapid coach in five separate spells (1993-95, 1995-96, 2001-02, 2004 and 2009).
• Vaslui defender Silviu Bălace faced Sporting's local rivals SL Benfica in 2006/07 UEFA Cup round of 32 with FC Dinamo Bucureşti in his first two UEFA competition games; Dinamo lost 1-0 in Lisbon and 2-1 at home.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.