|Attempts on target||65||52|
|Attempts off target||65||60|
Hannover 96 have yet to lose a home game in Europe, and will look to maintain that momentum as R. Standard de Liège come calling again in their UEFA Europa League round of 16 decider.
• The sides drew 2-2 in Liege in the first leg. Lars Stindl's 22nd-minute penalty put the visitors ahead, but goals from Yoni Buyens (27) and Mohamed Tchite (30) swiftly turned things around, only for Mame Diouf to equalise for Hannover on 56 minutes.
• Standard and Hannover met for the first time in this season's group stage. The sides drew 0-0 in Germany before Mohamed Tchite (26) and Gohi Bi Cyriac (59) gave Standard a 2-0 home win.
• The teams for their 0-0 draw in Hannover on 15 September 2011 were:
Hannover: Zieler, Haggui, Pogatetz, Cherundulo, Sergio Pinto (Hauger 75), Schlaudraff, Chahed, Abdellaoue (Konen Ya 46), Stindl, Schiedebach (Stoppelkamp 82), Rausch.
Standard: Bolat, Opare, Felipe, Berrier (Nacho González 82), Cyriac (Tchite 67), Pocognoli, Buyens, Vainqueur, Kanu, Van Damme, Mujangi (Buzaglo 74).
• Since their group stage meetings with Standard, Hannover have met another Belgian team, eliminating Club Brugge KV in the round of 32. Their record in five games against Belgian sides now reads W2 D2 L1 (W1 D1 L0 at home).
• Standard's 28 games against German sides have ended W7 D8 L13 (W3 D4 L8 in Germany). Prior to beating Hannover in November, they had gone ten games without a victory against Bundesliga opposition.
• Standard have gone 11 matches unbeaten in this term's UEFA Europa League with six wins and five draws. They have conceded the fewest goals in Europe this season of all the sides left in the competition, just four in nine games since the start of the group stage.
• Standard last reached the round of 16 in 2009/10, beating Panathinaikos FC but bowing out to Hamburger SV in their next tie.
• Hannover are competing in UEFA competition for only the second time in their history, and this is the first time they have played in a post-Christmas club competition tie. Their previous campaign, in the 1992/93 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, ended in a 4-3 aggregate defeat by SV Werder Bremen.
• Hannover have yet to lose a home game in UEFA competition, recording four wins and two draws over the course of their two continental campaigns.
• Standard have yet to lose away from home in this season's UEFA Europa League, recording three wins and two draws on their travels.
• Hannover are the least experienced side left in Europe this season; this will be only their 14th UEFA club competition game, while it is Standard's 198th.
• Hannover midfielder Konstantin Rausch celebrates his 22nd birthday on the day of this match.
• Hannover boss Mirko Slomka led the club he had previously served as a player and assistant coach into Europe with a fourth-placed Bundesliga finish in his first season in charge.
• Slomka is competing in the group stage of this competition for the first time, but enjoyed success in the 2005/06 edition. He led FC Schalke 04 from the round of 32 to the semi-finals after replacing Ralf Rangnick as coach following the group phase.
• Standard coach José Riga is competing in Europe for the first time. Born in Liege, he previously served as the club's joint-coach, alongside his predecessor Dominique D'Onofrio, from 2003 to 2005. Since then, he has been in sole command of RAEC Mons and RCS Visé.
• An updated version of the UEFA Europa League Statistics Handbook is available here:
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.