Reported player injuries
|B||Chornomorets Odesa||Dinamo Zagreb|
FC Girondins de Bordeaux will look to make things uncomfortable for UEFA Europa League Group F leaders Eintracht Frankfurt as the French side seek a way back into the battle for the top spots in the section.
• Eintracht's 100% start in the section came to an end with a 4-2 loss at Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC on matchday four. As for Bordeaux, although they were cast adrift at the foot of the section with a 2-1 defeat at APOEL FC on the same day, they can still qualify for the round of 32, but they must win this game to keep their hopes alive.
• Eintracht's Václav Kadlec scored the first goal of the 2013/14 UEFA Europa League group stage when his calm finish from inside the area after four minutes kicked off his side's 3-0 matchday one win against Bordeaux. It was the second European meeting between the two teams.
• Slavoljub Muslin's Bordeaux beat Karl-Heinz Körbel's Eintracht 3-0 in the sides' only previous encounter, a one-legged 1995 UEFA Intertoto Cup round of 16 tie.
• The teams in France on 29 July 1995 were:
Bordeaux: Huard, Croci (Varešanović 71), Lizarazu, Prunier, Dogon, Lucas, Zidane, Dutuel (De Blasiis 64), Tholot, Witschge (Histilloles 74), Dugarry.
Eintracht: Köpke, Bindewald, Weber, Tskhadadze, Binz, Komljenović (Aničić 57), Falkenmayer (Beuchel 46), Schupp, Rauffmann (Ekström 74), Okocha, Sbordone.
• Bordeaux's 26 games against Bundesliga opposition have ended W14 D2 L10 (W9 D1 L3 at home – W5 D1 L7 in Germany).
• Including their meetings with Bordeaux, Eintracht have played six European games against French opposition, with their record reading W3 D1 L2 (W3 D0 L0 at home – W0 D1 L2 in France).
• After getting through the group stage, Bordeaux made it to last season's UEFA Europa League round of 16. They also successfully made it to the knockout phase in their first UEFA Cup group campaign in 2007/08.
• Bordeaux's 2-1 loss to Maccabi Tel-Aviv on matchday two was their first home defeat in a UEFA Cup or UEFA Europa League group stage: their record in seven group stage home games is now W6 L1.
• Eintracht's 4-2 loss at Maccabi Tel-Aviv last time out was their first away defeat in Europe in six outings since the turn of the millennium. They have scored at least twice in each of their three European away matches this season.
• Eintracht are back in Europe for the first time since failing to make it through the 2006/07 UEFA Cup group stage.
• Bordeaux's David Bellion celebrates his 31st birthday on the eve of matchday five.
• Bordeaux are within three goals of conceding their 200th in UEFA club competiton; this is their 183rd UEFA game.
• Bordeaux's Serbian defender Vujadin Savić spent 18 months on loan at SG Dynamo Dresden from 2012 to 2013.
• Francis Gillot led Bordeaux to the UEFA Europa League round of 16 and their fourth French Cup in 2012/13, his second season in charge since joining from FC Sochaux-Montbéliard. A solid defender for RC Lens and RC Strasbourg, he started his coaching career with Lens where his frankness, faith in young players and attacking style proved popular, and he was then in charge of Sochaux from 2008 to 2011.
• Hired in May 2011, Armin Veh led Eintracht to promotion in his first season in charge and into Europe as sixth-place finishers in his second. As a midfielder, he was in the VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach squad that lost to Eintracht in the 1980 UEFA Cup final, before a broken leg ended his career. As a coach, he won the 2006/07 German title at VfB Stuttgart prior to less successful spells with VfL Wolfsburg and Hamburger SV.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.