Zlín and København are both waiting for their first goals in Group F, with the visitors on matchday three yet to concede in the section too.
Article top media content
Zlín and København are both waiting for their first goals in UEFA Europa League Group F, with the visitors on matchday three yet to concede in the section too.
• The sides are meeting for the first time and this is Zlín's first encounter with Danish opponents.
• København's record in ten games against Czech clubs is W3 D2 L5 (W2 L3 in Czech Republic). They have won on two of their last three visits.
• Zlín have not scored in their last five European matches (D3 L2) – two this season and three in the 2005 UEFA Intertoto Cup.
• Both of København's Group F games have ended goalless.
• Zlín's 3-0 loss at Lokomotiv Moskva on matchday two was their heaviest defeat in European competition to date.
• Zlín won the Czech Cup for the first time last season; the Ševci (Cobblers) have not played European football since 2005 and are making their group stage debut.
• Beaten on away goals by Qarabağ in the UEFA Champions League play-offs, København have failed to progress in their last three UEFA Europa League group stage campaigns.
Trivia and links
• The journey from Copenhagen to Olomouc, where Zlín are playing their European home games, is around 750km.
• København have a Czech defender, Michael Lüftner, who played for Teplice (2012–16) and Slavia Praha (2017) in his domestic league.
• København's Federico Santander and Zlín's Jean-David Beauguel were team-mates at Toulouse in 2010/11 – though the latter was a youth-team player at the time.
• Bohumil Páník started his coaching career with Zlín in 2000, and returned to the club in 2014, his adventures in between times including spells with Lech Poznań and Pogoń Szczecin in Poland. He guided Zlín to Czech Cup glory in 2016/17.
• Ståle Solbakken's second coaching tenure at København began in 2013. He has won seven Danish titles with FCK, including five in his first spell from 2006–11. The former Norway midfielder has also led Köln and Wolverhampton.