• Josep Guardiola, who succeeded Jupp Heynckes on a three-year deal during the summer, suffered defeat in his first competitive outing as Bayern boss as Borussia Dortmund won the German Super Cup 4-2 on 27 July.
• The Munich side have won four out of five since, a 5-0 German Cup first round triumph at fourth division side BSV Schwarz-Weiss Rehden on 5 August – featuring a Thomas Müller hat-trick – preceding three Bundesliga victories and Tuesday's 1-1 draw with SC Freiburg.
• Thiago Alcántara was ruled out for seven weeks after suffering ankle ligament damage on his first Bayern start on Saturday, a 2-0 win against 1. FC Nürnberg. Mario Götze made his debut in the same game.
• Franck Ribéry scored his 53rd Bundesliga goal against Nürnberg, though his first with his head, in a match that also brought Philipp Lahm's first yellow card in the German top flight since 11 February 2012.
• Bayern have already missed two penalties this season, through Müller (v VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach) and David Alaba (v Nürnberg). Alaba did convert from the spot a minute after Müller's miss against Mönchengladbach.
• Bayern have won 32 of their last 36 matches in all competitions.
• Bayern won 46 of their 54 games in all competitions last season; they have won four out of six this.
• Bayern won 12 out of 12 pre-season friendlies, including the notable scalps of FC Barcelona (2-0, 24 July) and Manchester City FC (2-1, 1 August).
• Ribéry signed a two-year contract extension during the summer, tying himself to the club until June 2017, while Claudio Pizarro agreed a deal for this season.
• Bayern broke or equalled 30 Bundesliga records in 2012/13, among them most points (91), biggest winning margin (25 points), best goal difference (+80), clean sheets (21) and most wins (29). They sealed their 23rd German title on 6 April with a record six games remaining and made it a domestic double by beating VfB Stuttgart on 1 June in the German Cup final, the 16th time they have won it.
• Toni Kroos is fit having missed the end of last season with an adductor injury suffered on 2 April.
• Holger Badstuber has been out with ruptured knee ligaments since 1 December.
• In: Mario Götze (Borussia Dortmund), Thiago Alcántara (FC Barcelona), Jan Kirchhoff (1. FSV Mainz 05)
• Out: Mario Gomez (ACF Fiorentina), Luiz Gustavo (VfL Wolfsburg), Anatoliy Tymoshchuk (FC Zenit), Emre Can (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Nils Petersen (SV Werder Bremen)
• Chelsea ended 2012/13 a season-best ten games unbeaten and have extended that sequence to 13 this term as victories at home to promoted Hull City AFC (2-0) and Aston Villa FC (2-1) preceded a 0-0 draw at Manchester United FC. José Mourinho is now unbeaten at Stamford Bridge in 62 Premier League fixtures.
• On Monday, Chelsea became the first side to draw 0-0 at Old Trafford in the Premier League since May 2009.
• Frank Lampard was involved on his club's opening day of the Premier League season for a record 18th occasion, scoring in the 2-0 win against Hull.
• Mourinho returned to Chelsea on a four-year deal on 3 June, a fortnight after departing Real Madrid CF with mutual consent. His first three-year spell at Stamford Bridge ended in September 2007.
• Chelsea won six of their seven pre-season friendlies in south-east Asia and the United States, including victories over FC Internazionale Milano (2-0, 1 August), AC Milan (2-0, 4 August) and AS Roma (2-1, 11 August). The sole exception came on 7 August, a 3-1 loss to Real Madrid.
• David Luiz has not played this season because of a hamstring injury.
• Defender Nathan Aké, 18, signed a new five-year contract in August.
• In: Willian (FC Anji Makhachkala), André Schürrle (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Marco van Ginkel (Vitesse), Mark Schwarzer (Fulham FC)
• Out: Thibaut Courtois (Club Atlético de Madrid, loan), Marko Marin (Sevilla FC, loan), Oriol Romeu (Valencia FC, loan), Yossi Benayoun (released), Florent Malouda (Trabzonspor AŞ), Ross Turnbull (Doncaster Rovers FC), Paulo Ferreira (retired), Jeffrey Bruma (PSV Eindhoven)
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.