Clubs: Joinville EC, Cruzeiro EC, SL Benfica, Chelsea FC
• Made a handful of appearances for the club he began his career with as a youth, Joinville, before Cruzeiro came calling in 2007 and offered him his first taste of top-flight football.
• Scored twice in his first five appearances for the Belo Horizonte outfit − with whom he won two state championships − and a career-best six league goals in the 2008 season, in addition to the five he registered in that year's Copa Libertadores campaign.
• A bronze medalist at the 2008 Olympic Games, Ramires made his full international debut in June of the following year in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier before travelling to the FIFA Confederations Cup; struck his first goals for the Seleção in a pre-World Cup friendly against Tanzania (5-1) on 7 June 2010, eight days before he made the first of four outings at the final tournament.
• Agreed a €7.5m move to Benfica in May 2009 but remained with Cruzeiro until the July, when he made his final outings for the club – in the Copa Libertadores final defeat by Club Estudiantes LP; made an instant impact with the Eagles, scoring on his league debut and helping the Lisbon team to the UEFA Europa League quarter-finals, League Cup glory and a first Liga title in five years.
• Immediately became a regular in the heart of the Chelsea midfield following a reported €22m transfer in August 2010. Opened the scoring in the 2012 FA Cup final versus Liverpool FC, but was suspended for the UEFA Champions League showpiece against FC Bayern München two weeks later.
• Played in eight of Chelsea's nine games in their successful UEFA Europa League campaign of 2013.
UEFA Champions League: winner 2012
UEFA Europa League: winner 2013