A place in Nyon next month for the denouement of the UEFA Youth League and the opportunity to become the first team to lift the Lennart Johansson trophy await the victors of the quarter-finals, which started on Tuesday.
The last-four ties and the final to crown the winners of the inaugural competition will be played at the Colovray Stadium opposite UEFA headquarters on 11 and 14 April.
Real Madrid CF were the first side to book a ticket to Switzerland thanks to a 1-0 victory over Paris Saint-Germain. The remaining single-leg fixtures take place over the following seven days.
Paris Saint-Germain 0-1 Real Madrid CF
• Reduced to ten men in the 55th minute, Madrid went on to earn a place in the semi-finals thanks to Jaime Sánchez's header from a corner.
• Madrid lost Héctor Martínez to a red card ten minutes after the interval, the defender dismissed for denying the dangerous Kingsley Coman a clear run on goal.
Chelsea FC v FC Schalke 04 (14.30)
• Chelsea have registered 22 goals in seven European games this season, all victories. John Swift, captain Lewis Baker and Alex Kiwomya have provided 15 of them.
FC Barcelona v Arsenal FC (18.00)
• Barcelona are the most prolific team in the competition with 24 goals. Munir El Haddadi leads the scorers' chart with seven in 434 minutes.
• Serge Gnabry sealed Arsenal's 3-1 last-16 success over FC Shakhtar Donetsk. The Germany Under-19 midfielder has featured in the Premier League and UEFA Champions League this term.
Manchester City FC v SL Benfica (20.00)
• City have gone 282 minutes without conceding a UEFA Youth League goal, Nikita Chernov being the last player to score against them in a 2-1 matchday four triumph for CSKA.
• In defeating FK Austria Wien 4-1 last time out, Benfica struck four or more goals in a continental match this season for the third time.
Semi-finals (11 April, Nyon)
Madrid v Manchester City/Benfica
Chelsea/Schalke v Barcelona/Arsenal
Final (14 April, Nyon)
Winner of semi-final 1 v Winner of semi-final 2
All times CET
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.