Holders Salzburg are among 32 teams involved in the UEFA Youth League domestic champions path and both rounds will be drawn at 14:00CET on Tuesday, streamed live on UEFA.com.
How does the draw work?
• The 32 teams are split into different groups for the draw, as defined by sporting and geographical criteria.
• Any team can be drawn against any other team in their group. The teams drawn first will stage the opening leg.
• For the second round Groups 1 and 2 are combined into Group A, and Groups 3 and 4 are combined into Group B.
First round: 27 September & 18 October
Second round: 1 & 22 November
Who is in the draw?
The entrants are the domestic youth champions of the 32 best-ranked associations in the 2016 UEFA association coefficient rankings (the same rankings used to decide access to the 2017/18 UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League) whose title holders were not qualified via the UEFA Champions League path.
Internazionale Milano (ITA)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Dinamo București (ROU)
Lokomotiva Zagreb (CRO)
Zimbru Chișinău (MDA)
Legia Warszawa (POL)
Sparta Praha (CZE)
Salzburg (AUT, holders)
Budapest Honvéd (HUN)
Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR)
Maccabi Haifa (ISR)
Kairat Almaty (KAZ)
• Salzburg won the title last season after starting in the domestic champions path.
• For the first time there are entrants from Albania, Latvia and Luxembourg.
• Ajax have entered all five editions of the competition.
In the draw on 11 December, the eight domestic champions path survivors will be drawn at home to the eight UEFA Champions League path runners-up in one-off ties to be played on 6/7 February to decide the eight remaining round of 16 berths. The other eight places will have been taken by the UEFA Champions League path group winners.
Play-off draw: 11 December
Play-offs: 6/7 February
Knockout draw (round of 16 onwards): 9 February
Round of 16: 20/21 February
Quarter-finals: 13/14 March
Semi-finals: 20 April (Nyon)
Final: 23 April (Nyon)
Still confused? Let this graphic explain what happens ...
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.