• The home of NK Olimpija Ljubljana and one of two main venues for the Slovenian national team, the ŠRC Stožice Stadium stages three Group A matches, the semi-finals and the final of the UEFA European Under-17 Championship.
• Named after the local district of Ljubljana, it took just over a year to construct and is next to an indoor arena as part of Športni park Stožice.
• The opening game was on 11 August 2010, Slovenia beating Australia 2-0 in a friendly in front of 16,155 people, the biggest football crowd in the country since independence. It also staged the UEFA EURO 2012 qualfiiers against the Faroe Islands, Italy and Estonia.
• The stadium also stages concerts and cultural events, around 22,000 people attending the first in September 2010.
• Ljubljana is the capital of Slovenia and remains from 2000 BC make it a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.