Holders England will be up against Romania, Norway and Slovenia while Spain and France renew rivalries after the 2014/15 UEFA European Under-17 Championship elite round draw was made in Nyon for the groups in March.
Elite round draw
Group 1 (20-25 March): Spain*, France, Sweden, Israel
Group 2 (17-22 March): Portugal, Croatia, Serbia, Azerbaijan*
Group 3 (12-17 March): Netherlands*, Belgium, Georgia, Northern Ireland
Group 4 (21-26 March): Poland*, Republic of Ireland, Belarus, Greece
Group 5 (21-26 March): Austria, Russia*, Iceland, Wales
Group 6 (21-26 March): England* (holders), Romania, Norway, Slovenia
Group 7 (20-25 March): Czech Republic, Scotland, Hungary*, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Group 8 (21-26 March): Germany*, Italy, Slovakia, Ukraine
• The eight group winners and the seven runners-up with the best record against the teams first and third in their pool qualify to join hosts Bulgaria in the expanded 16-nation finals from 6–22 May 2015.
• The top three in each finals group will progress to the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile from 17 October–8 November.
• Germany received a bye to this round.
• France overcame Spain in the 2004 final but fortunes were reversed four years later.
• Scotland beat Bosnia and Herzegovina 2-0 on their way to qualifying for last season's finals.
• Norway, Wales, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and 2016 hosts Azerbaijan are aiming to qualify for the first time.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.