A full-back fond of mimicking Cristiano Ronaldo and a Manuel Neuer-like keeper helped Portugal to the title – captain Diogo Queirós talks UEFA.com through his squad-mates.
Article top media content
1. Diogo Costa (goalkeeper, Porto)
Like Manuel Neuer but angrier. He's always shouting!
2. Diogo Dalot (defender, Porto)
Really funny. He's like a track horse, always running, but he tries to imitate Cristiano Ronaldo when he celebrates a goal.
3. Diogo Queirós (defender, captain, Porto)
I like to anticipate what the opposing midfielders are going to do before they pass the ball.
4. Luis Silva (defender, Stoke City)
On the pitch he's like an animal.
5. Rúben Vinagre (defender, Monaco)
Tireless – he doesn't stop running. I think he even runs in his hotel room!
6. Gedson Fernandes (midfielder, Benfica)
He's deceptive. He looks fragile, but he's actually one of the toughest guys.
7. João Filipe (forward, Benfica)
He can tie any defender in a knot.
8. Miguel Luis (midfielder, Sporting CP)
He has three lungs.
9. José Gomes (forward, Benfica)
Synonymous with goals.
10. Quina (midfielder, West Ham United)
Quina plays in England, but it's only now that he has discovered we're better than them.
11. Mesaque Dju (forward, Benfica)
The soul of the house. He's the funniest, most hilarious guy in the team.
13. Diogo Leite (defender, Porto)
We're telepathic. We've spent so many years together.
14. Florentino (midfielder, Benfica)
The heartbeat of the team, but he's really lazy – he looks like he's always asleep.
15. Thierry Correia (defender, Sporting CP)
One of the most gritty players in the squad. Gedson protects the ball, while Thierry is the tough guy.
16. João Lameira (midfielder, Porto)
A baby-face killer.
17. Rafael Leão (forward, Sporting CP)
He plays a lot, but he doesn't know how to walk properly!
18. Mickael Almeida (forward, Lyon)
He only has eyes for the goal.
22. Luis Maximiano (goalkeeper, Sporting CP)
Max is the second comedian in the squad, after Mesaque, but when he's on the pitch he's as serious as they come.
Coach: Hélio Sousa
His demanding nature is what has brought us here. He's so rigorous that he sometimes loses his voice.
Diogo Queirós was speaking to UEFA.com reporter Wayne Harrison.