Israel and England will be hoping to end their Group A campaign on a positive note when they meet in the third round of fixtures at Jerusalem's Teddy Stadium.
• The teams last played back in 2011 and Stuart Pearce's England will be hoping for a repeat of that result, having run out 4-1 winners in Barnsley.
• Martyn Waghorn, Marvin Sordell, Nathan Delfouneso and Henri Lansbury helped England come from a goal down to prevail when Israel visited Oakwell on 5 September 2011. Mohammed Kalibat (25) gave Guy Luzon's Israel a first-half lead but two goals in quick succession from Waghorn (58) and Sordell (60) turned the match around. Delfouneso made it 3-1 from the penalty spot with eight minutes left, Lansbury adding a crowning fourth in the final minute.
• The teams were:
England: Amos, Wisdom (Smith 46), J Bennett, Rodwell (Lansbury 46), Dawson, Baker (Caulker 45), Gosling (Gardner 62), Barkley (Wickham 73), Shelvey (Oxlade-Chamberlain 46), Sordell, Waghorn (Delfouneso 62).
Israel: Klaiman, Vered, Davidzada, Mayo, Falah, Butbol (Zizov 54), Biton, Assulin (Lugassi 54), Kalibat (Kehat 68), Tzemah, Barouch (Dabour 68).
• Israel's only previous final tournament appearance came six years ago, when a team coached by Guy Levy lost all three fixtures in the Netherlands, against Portugal (0-4), Belgium and the hosts (both 0-1).
• Israel came into those finals having won three of their last four competitive U21 contests and both their last two having ended their unsuccessful qualifying campaign for the 2011 finals with a 5-0 home win against Montenegro and a 2-1 success in Sweden.
• Champions in 1982 and 1984, England are in a fourth successive U21 final tournament and were runners-up to Germany in 2009. Semi-finalists on a further five occasions, in 2011 they failed to progress beyond the group stage.
• England won nine of their ten qualifiers this time round, scoring 26 goals and conceding only three. They kept eight clean sheets, including five in succession prior to their first game against Italy.
• Delfouneso scored an 80th-minute equaliser as England earned a 2-2 draw against Israel in a European U17 Championship elite round fixture on 30 March 2008. Jack Rodwell and Matthew Briggs were also in the England team, Nir Biton and Eyal Golasa representing Israel.
• Taleb Twatiha and Ahad Azam were in the Israel team beaten 1-0 by England in a U17 friendly in Peterborough on 29 August 2008.
• Twatiha and Azam featured again when England beat Israel 4-0 in another U17 friendly on 24 February 2009. Thomas Ince appeared as a late substitute in Ferreiras, Portugal.
• Israel captain Biton spent a week on trial at Manchester City FC in summer 2012.
• Briggs is a team-mate of Omri Altman at Fulham FC.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.