The riverside home of Fulham FC in west London, opened in 1896, will stage the UEFA Women's Champions League final on 20 May.
Article top media content
Pitch size: 100m x 65m
• Once a hunting lodge on the north bank of the Thames built in 1789 and destroyed by fire just under a century later, Craven Cottage has been the home of Fulham FC for 115 years. A tree from that era remains within the stadium, the only one to stand in a British league football ground,
• In the early 20th century the stadium was developed by famed football architect Archibald Leitch, starting with the Stevenage Road Stand in 1905, now renamed after Fulham legend Johnny Haynes, of who there is a statue outside the ground.
• Given character (and a name) by the cottage that still stands in one corner, the stadium staged football games in the 1948 Olympics and the following year, when Fulham reached the top division for the first time, 50m-tall floodlights were erected.
• Fulham fell on hard times in later decades but in 1993 chairman Jimmy Hill did a deal to lease the stadium, which has since been revamped to an all-seater arena that staged UEFA Europa League football in 2009/10 and was awarded the 2011 UEFA Women's Champions League final.
• As well as hosting several international football games, including a number involving Australia, Craven Cottage has also staged rugby league internationals (and indeed was home to Fulham RFC for 14 years), and is passed by the route of the famed university Boat Race, giving a venue to the Oxford v Cambridge soccer match the same weekend.