Nickname: Di blåe (The Blues)
UEFA club competition honours (runners-up in brackets)
• European Champion Clubs' Cup: (1979)
• European/South American Cup: (1979)
Domestic honours (most recent triumph in brackets)
• League title: 17 (2013)
• Swedish Cup: 14 (1989)
• Four years after their foundation in 1905, members of the BK Idrott club were invited by the all-sport IFK Malmö to become its official football section; however, after just a year under that umbrella organisation the 19 Idrott members broke away to form their own club and thus Malmö were born in 1910.
• Malmö reached Sweden's top division, the Allsvenskan, for the first time in 1931 but were excluded three years later for not following the amateur regulations; they returned in 1936 and have missed just one top-flight season since, being relegated in 1999.
• Eric Persson, president from 1937 until 1975, casts a long shadow; known as The Chief, he oversaw their first league title in 1944 and collected ten more; between 6 May 1949 and 3 June 1951 Malmö played 49 successive Allsvenskan matches without defeat, including 23 straight wins.
• Foreign coaches played a big role in Malmö's development; former Club Atlético de Madrid player Antonio Durán oversaw four league successes from 1964-71, while Englishman Bob Houghton arrived as a 26-year-old in 1974 and took the club to the 1978/79 European Champion Clubs' Cup final, where they lost 1-0 to Nottingham Forest FC.
• Another Englishman, Roy Hodgson, won two titles in five seasons at the club in the late 1980s; another title followed in 2004 before their next success came under a Swede, former international defender Roland Nilsson leading them to glory in their centenary year.
Most appearances: Krister Kristensson (626)
Most goals: Bo Larsson (119)
Record victory: Malmö FF 12-0 Jönköping Södra IF (Allsvenskan, 26 May 1949)
Malmö FF 12-0 Halmstad BK (Allsvenskan, 3 June 1943)
Record defeat: AIK Solna 7-1 Malmö FF (Allsvenskan, 31 August 1960)
IF Elfsborg 7-1 Malmö FF (Allsvenskan, 16 October 1932)
* Last updated 21 January 2014