The Netherlands make their bow as hosts of UEFA Women's EURO 2017 in Utrecht against two-time winners Norway.
Article top media content
- Since the group stage was introduced in 1997, every host had won their opening game until Denmark held Sweden 1-1 in Gothenburg in 2013.
- Norway beat the Netherlands 1-0 in the 2013 group stage and were to top their group while the Dutch ended fourth.
- In 14 competitive meetings, Norway have won 11 and the Netherlands just one, a 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup qualifier (both made the finals).
- Overall including friendlies, Norway have won 12 and the Netherlands four of their 21 encounters, with the goal count 38-13.
- Norway overcame the Netherlands 4-1 in Rotterdam in the Olympic qualifiers in March 2016. Dutch scorer Manon Melis has since retired from international football.
- Norway's Nora Holstad Berge is a Bayern München team-mate of Netherlands striker Vivianne Miedema and defender Stefanie van der Gragt.
- The only time Norway have not got past the group stage was as hosts in 1997.
- Both teams have changed their coach in recent months, Norway turning to Martin Sjögren and the Netherlands promoting Sarina Wiegman.
- Current UEFA Best Women's Player in Europe Ada Hegerberg was the joint-top scorer in qualifying with ten goals.
- When the Netherlands made their finals debut in 2013, they and Norway were the two sides beaten in the last four.