Italy would be more than happy to keep up their run of 2-0 UEFA Women's EURO wins against Russia as they open Group B in Rotterdam.
- Italy have never failed to reach the last eight of a UEFA Women's EURO and are on a run of three consecutive 2-0 wins against Russia in this competition.
- They met in the 2009 group stage in Helsinki and goals in the last 13 minutes from Melania Gabbiadini and Tatiana Zorri took Italy through at Russia's expense in a group topped by Sweden.
- Italy and Russia were then drawn together in 2013 qualifying. The Azzurre triumphed 2-0 home and away.
- Pamela Conti scored both goals in Italy's home game and Patrizia Panico struck twice in Russia.
- Russia did win their two other competitive encounters, 3-1 away and 2-1 at home in 2003 FIFA Women's World Cup qualifying.
- Current Russia coach Elena Fomina played in both matches and scored in the 3-1 victory. She was also involved in the 2009 group fixture.
- Including friendlies, the sides have met nine times with Italy winning six to Russia's three and leading 15-7 on goals.
- Their most recent meeting was in December in Brazil, Sara Gama, Valentina Bergamaschi and Ilaria Mauro on target in a 3-0 Italian success.