Clubs: Shrewsbury Town FC, Manchester City FC, Tranmere Rovers FC (loan), Blackpool FC (loan), Birmingham City FC (loan)
• Emerged from the youth ranks of local club Shrewsbury Town FC, becoming first-choice goalkeeper at the age of 18.
• An ever-present for the Shropshire team in 2005/06, he joined Manchester City and made his Premier League debut on 14 October 2006 against Sheffield United FC before loan spells at Tranmere Rovers FC and Blackpool FC.
• Established himself as first choice at City – ahead of Swedish international Andreas Isaksson – but was displaced by Shay Given when the Republic of Ireland keeper arrived from Newcastle United FC in January 2009.
• An unused understudy to Scott Carson at the 2007 UEFA European Under-21 Championship, he was England's No1 at the 2009 finals, saving and scoring a penalty in the team's semi-final shoot-out success against hosts Sweden but receiving a yellow card that ruled him out of the final.
• Had a superb 2009/10 season on loan at Birmingham City FC, earning recognition in the PFA Premier League Team of the Season, and travelled with England to the World Cup, where he did not add to his three caps.
• Returned to Manchester and became No1 under manager Roberto Mancini, starting all 38 league games and winning the FA Cup; also firmly established himself as England's top keeper during UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying and did not suffer defeat until his 17th international – a 3-2 loss to the Netherlands at Wembley in February 2012.
• Kept 17 clean sheets in another ever-present campaign as Manchester City pipped Manchester United FC to the 2011/12 Premier League title, the club's first top-flight crown for 44 years.
• England's No1 at UEFA EURO 2012, playing all four games as the side fell at the quarter-final stage, before completing his third consecutive ever-present league season with City who finished runners-up behind United in 2012/13.
UEFA European Under-21 Championship: runner-up 2009
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 03/12/2013 02:55 CET|
|07.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Moldova||0-5||England||90||0||0|
|11.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||England||1-1||Ukraine||90||0||0|
|12.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||England||5-0||San Marino||90||0||0|
|17.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Poland||1-1||England||90||0||0|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||San Marino||0-8||England||90||0||0|
|26.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Montenegro||1-1||England||90||0||0|
|29.05.2013||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||England||1-1||Republic of Ireland||46||0||0|
|19.08.2013||English Premier League||Man. City||4-0||Newcastle||90||0||0|
|25.08.2013||English Premier League||Cardiff||3-2||Man. City||90||0||0|
|31.08.2013||English Premier League||Man. City||2-0||Hull||90||0||0|
|06.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||England||4-0||Moldova||90||0||0|
|10.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Ukraine||0-0||England||90||0||0|
|14.09.2013||English Premier League||Stoke||0-0||Man. City||90||0||0|
|22.09.2013||English Premier League||Man. City||4-1||Man. United||90||0||0|
|28.09.2013||English Premier League||Aston Villa||3-2||Man. City||90||0||0|
|05.10.2013||English Premier League||Man. City||3-1||Everton||90||0||0|
|11.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||England||4-1||Montenegro||90||0||0|
|15.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||England||2-0||Poland||90||0||0|
|19.10.2013||English Premier League||West Ham||1-3||Man. City||90||0||0|
|27.10.2013||English Premier League||Chelsea||2-1||Man. City||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|