Often dubbed the 'new Bixente Lizarazu', FC Girondins de Bordeaux left-back Benoît Trémoulinas has developed fast under Laurent Blanc's tutelage and was an important contributor to the club's 2008/09 Ligue 1 triumph. An intelligent, adventurous full-back, he is also blessed with considerable pace.
• Born in Bordeaux to a mother from the island of Reunion, he joined Les Hommes au Scapulaire in his early teens and worked his way through the various age groups.
• Turned professional in 2006 and was handed his debut in August 2007 by newly arrived coach Blanc.
• Limited Ligue 1 outings in 2007/08 but regularly used in the UEFA Cup, making seven starts − and scoring one goal − before he was sent off in the round of 32 elimination by RSC Anderlecht.
• Replaced Franck Jurietti as Bordeaux's first-choice left-back during course of title-winning 2008/09 campaign, making 24 starts.
• Ever-present in Bordeaux's first five group games of 2009/10 UEFA Champions League.
Did you know?
He is widely known by his nickname of 'Trech'.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 23/08/2015 03:58 CET|
|29.03.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||France||2-0||Denmark||90||0||0|
|07.06.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||France||3-4||Belgium||90||0||0|
|11.08.2015||UEFA Super Cup||Final||Barcelona||5-4||Sevilla||120||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|