A member of the Ukrainian Under-19 squad that won the European title in 2009, Bohdan Butko has captured the attention of coach Oleh Blokhin in the build-up to UEFA EURO 2012. On loan at FC Illychivets Mariupil from FC Shakhtar Donetsk in 2011/12, he could start the tournament as Ukraine's right-back.
• A native of Donetsk, he was recruited to Shakhtar's youth set-up and worked his way up through the academy.
• Found entry into the Shakhtar first team blocked by club captain and regular right-back Darijo Srna.
• Played regularly, however, for his country at various youth levels and earned selection for Yuriy Kalitvintsev's squad at the 2009 UEFA European Under-19 Championship on home soil; featured in group games against Slovenia and England but missed the latter stages through injury.
• Left Shakhtar, without having made a first-team appearance, for a season-long loan at Ukrainian Premier League rivals FC Volyn Lutsk in 2010 and made 26 outings, scoring three goals, the last of them in a 2-2 draw away to Illychivets.
• Started all three matches for Ukraine at the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Denmark and was handed his senior debut later that year in a Kharkiv friendly against Uruguay (2-3), after which he also started Ukraine’s next four matches – against the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Estonia and Germany.
UEFA European Under-19 Championship: winner 2009
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 31/07/2016 02:03 CET|
|29.05.2016||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Romania||3-4||Ukraine||44||0||0|
|03.06.2016||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Albania||1-3||Ukraine||44||0||0|
|21.06.2016||UEFA EURO||Final tournament - Group stage||Ukraine||0-1||Poland||90||0||0|