Clubs: Sparta Rotterdam, PSV Eindhoven
• Came through the youth ranks at home-town team Sparta Rotterdam, making his senior debut at 17 in an Eerste Divisie (second level) match against Go Ahead Eagles in January 2011.
• Ended the 2010/11 campaign with 13 league appearances and added another three at the start of the following season before PSV recruited him as an understudy to Pieters.
• Appeared in all five games for the Netherlands as they won the 2011 European U17 title in Serbia, defeating Germany 5-2 in the final.
• Became the youngest Dutchman to represent a Dutch club in UEFA competition when he started a UEFA Europa League game against Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC on 3 November 2011 – ten days after making his Eredivisie debut, against Vitesse; was also the youngest goalscorer in the 2011/12 Eredivisie when he opened his PSV account on 22 April 2012 in a 2-1 defeat of NEC Nijmegen.
• Ended the 2011/12 campaign with 20 Eredivisie appearances, plus another six in the UEFA Europa League, and made his senior international debut on 26 May 2012 in a 2-1 home defeat by Bulgaria. Played in all three group games at UEFA EURO 2012 but did not enjoy the best of times as the Dutch lost all of them.
UEFA European Under-17 Championship: winner 2011
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 16/09/2015 09:16 CET|
|12.11.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Netherlands||2-3||Mexico||90||0||0|
|16.11.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Netherlands||6-0||Latvia||90||0||0|
|28.03.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Netherlands||1-1||Turkey||13||0||0|
|31.03.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Netherlands||2-0||Spain||90||0||0|
|12.06.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Latvia||0-2||Netherlands||77||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|