Clubs: FC Volyn Lutsk, FC Shakhtar Donetsk, FC Zenit St Petersburg, FC Bayern München, FC Zenit St Petersburg
• Began his career with home-town club Volyn Lutsk before moving to Shakhtar, aged 18, in 1997. Made gradual progress at Shakhtar and was eventually awarded the captaincy; spent a decade with the club, winning three domestic titles and three Ukrainian Cups as well as making over 50 appearances in European competition.
• First capped by Ukraine in April 2000, he became a prominent figure in midfield throughout the next decade, scaling a career peak in 2006 when he was part of the squad which reached the FIFA World Cup quarter-finals in Germany.
• Joined Zenit in a big-money move at the start of the 2007 Russian Premier-Liga season and immediately captained the club to its first post-Soviet league title; the following year he skippered Zenit to victory in the UEFA Cup and UEFA Super Cup.
• A domestic double winner in his first season with Bayern, 2009/10, he was an unused substitute in the Bavarians' UEFA Champions League final loss to FC Internazionale Milano.
• Became the second player to reach 100 caps for Ukraine − after Andriy Shevchenko, who achieved the feat three days earlier during a 2-2 draw with Canada in which Tymoshchuk scored − when he captained his country against Brazil on 11 October 2010.
• "I'm delighted to have reached this landmark with the national team," said Tymoshchuk after the game. "The number 100 is something special when you're talking about appearances for your country. I needed ten long years to get my century. It's very important for any footballer because there are very few players in the world who get so many caps."
• Tymoshchuk received a commemorative cap and medal from UEFA to mark his century of international appearances on 11 November 2011, before playing in Ukraine's 3-3 draw with Germany in Kyiv.
• Normally a defensive midfielder, he played at centre-back in the 2012 UEFA Champions League final against Chelsea FC due to the suspension of Holger Badstuber. Announced his return to Zenit on a free transfer in early June 2013, a day after he had helped Bayern defeat VfB Stuttgart in the German Cup final and complete an historic treble.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2010, 2012; winner 2013
UEFA Cup: winner 2008
UEFA Super Cup: winner 2008
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 16/05/2014 02:08 CET|
|15.08.2012||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||Ukraine||0-0||Czech Republic||46||0||0|
|11.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||England||1-1||Ukraine||90||0||0|
|12.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Moldova||0-0||Ukraine||90||0||0|
|16.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Ukraine||0-1||Montenegro||90||0||0|
|14.11.2012||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||Bulgaria||0-1||Ukraine||44||0||0|
|06.02.2013||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||Norway||0-2||Ukraine||64||0||0|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Poland||1-3||Ukraine||30||0||0|
|26.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Ukraine||2-1||Moldova||90||0||0|
|07.06.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Montenegro||0-4||Ukraine||90||0||0|
|17.07.2013||Russian Premier League||Krasnodar||1-2||Zenit||19||0||0|
|21.07.2013||Russian Premier League||Rubin||2-1||Zenit||45||0||0|
|26.07.2013||Russian Premier League||Zenit||1-1||Kuban||90||0||0|
|30.07.2013||UEFA Champions League||Third qualifying round||Nordsjælland||0-1||Zenit||90||0||0|
|03.08.2013||Russian Premier League||Volga||1-3||Zenit||64||0||0|
|07.08.2013||UEFA Champions League||Third qualifying round||Zenit||5-0||Nordsjælland||38||0||0|
|14.08.2013||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||Ukraine||2-0||Israel||46||0||0|
|17.08.2013||Russian Premier League||Zenit||3-0||Anji||18||0||0|
|20.08.2013||UEFA Champions League||Play-offs||Paços Ferreira||1-4||Zenit||20||0||0|
|24.08.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||1-1||Zenit||63||0||0|
|28.08.2013||UEFA Champions League||Play-offs||Zenit||4-2||Paços Ferreira||90||0||0|
|06.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Ukraine||9-0||San Marino||60||0||0|
|14.09.2013||Russian Premier League||Zenit||2-0||Terek||5||0||0|
|22.09.2013||Russian Premier League||Rostov||0-4||Zenit||10||0||0|
|25.09.2013||Russian Premier League||Krylya Sovetov||1-4||Zenit||90||0||0|
|28.09.2013||Russian Premier League||Zenit||4-2||Spartak Moskva||4||0||0|
|06.10.2013||Russian Premier League||Tom||0-3||Zenit||17||0||0|
|15.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||San Marino||0-8||Ukraine||90||0||0|
|26.10.2013||Russian Premier League||Ural||1-2||Zenit||8||0||0|
|30.10.2013||Russian Cup||Fourth round||Tyumen||2-0||Zenit||58||0||0|
|10.11.2013||Russian Premier League||Spartak Moskva||4-2||Zenit||8||0||0|
|01.12.2013||Russian Premier League||Terek||1-1||Zenit||90||0||0|
|25.02.2014||UEFA Champions League||Round of 16||Zenit||2-4||Dortmund||75||0||0|
|24.03.2014||Russian Premier League||Zenit||2-1||Krylya Sovetov||29||0||0|
|29.03.2014||Russian Premier League||Amkar||1-2||Zenit||90||0||0|
|06.04.2014||Russian Premier League||Zenit||6-2||Rubin||90||0||0|
|12.04.2014||Russian Premier League||Zenit||4-1||Krasnodar||15||0||1|
|19.04.2014||Russian Premier League||Anji||1-2||Zenit||16||0||0|
|26.04.2014||Russian Premier League||Zenit||2-0||Volga||90||0||0|
|04.05.2014||Russian Premier League||Lokomotiv Moskva||1-1||Zenit||8||0||0|
|15.05.2014||Russian Premier League||Kuban||1-4||Zenit||14||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|