A tireless front runner who can play as an out-and-out striker or in a wide attacking berth, Dirk Kuyt has been a regular Dutch international since 2004 and will appear in his fourth major tournament at UEFA EURO 2012. He proved his continued worth by scoring six goals in the qualifying competition.
• Born in the Dutch fishing town of Katwijk aan Zee, he left local club Quick Boys for FC Utrecht in 1998.
• Gained a reputation as a super sub in his early days but gradually forced his way into Utrecht's starting XI and became a prolific marksman; scored 20 Eredivisie goals in 2002/03 and was named man of the match in the Dutch Cup final, scoring in a 4-1 win against Feyenoord, the club he was about to join.
• Registered 20 goals again in his first season at Feyenoord followed by an Eredivisie-best tally of 29 (under coach Ruud Gullit) in 2004/05 – the highest total for the club in 22 years.
• A mainstay for the Netherlands in 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying and replaced Ruud van Nistelrooy up front at the finals; a regular member of the team at UEFA EURO 2008 (scored one goal, against France).
• After being named the 2006 Dutch Footballer of the year, he joined Liverpool that summer, scoring 12 goals in his debut Premier League campaign plus a late consolation in the Reds' 2007 UEFA Champions League final defeat by AC Milan.
• Started every game at the 2010 World Cup − scoring once, in the Oranje's opener against Denmark − as the Netherlands reached the final.
• Scored a hat-trick in a 3-1 victory against Manchester United FC in March 2011, surpassed a half-century of Premier League goals the following season and was on target in Liverpool's 2012 League Cup final triumph over Cardiff City FC.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2007
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 21/12/2014 02:06 CET|
|12.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Netherlands||3-0||Andorra||19||0||0|
|06.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Estonia||2-2||Netherlands||23||0||0|
|10.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Andorra||0-2||Netherlands||11||0||0|
|11.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Netherlands||8-1||Hungary||29||0||0|
|15.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Turkey||0-2||Netherlands||44||0||1|
|23.06.2014||FIFA World Cup||Final tournament - Group stage||Netherlands||2-0||Chile||89||0||0|
|29.06.2014||FIFA World Cup||Round of 16||Netherlands||2-1||Mexico||90||0||0|
|05.07.2014||FIFA World Cup||Quarter-finals||Netherlands||0-0|
|09.07.2014||FIFA World Cup||Semi-finals||Netherlands||0-0|
|12.07.2014||FIFA World Cup||Third place||Brazil||0-3||Netherlands||90||0||0|
|31.08.2014||Turkish Super League||Fenerbahçe||3-2||Karabükspor||90||0||1|
|14.09.2014||Turkish Super League||Trabzonspor||0-0||Fenerbahçe||90||0||0|
|21.09.2014||Turkish Super League||Fenerbahçe||1-0||Gaziantepspor||90||0||0|
|28.09.2014||Turkish Super League||Akhisar||2-0||Fenerbahçe||72||0||0|
|04.10.2014||Turkish Super League||Fenerbahçe||2-1||Konyaspor||90||0||0|
|18.10.2014||Turkish Super League||Galatasaray||2-1||Fenerbahçe||87||0||0|
|25.10.2014||Turkish Super League||Fenerbahçe||2-1||Gençlerbirliği||90||1||0|
|02.11.2014||Turkish Super League||Beşiktaş||0-2||Fenerbahçe||90||0||0|
|08.11.2014||Turkish Super League||Fenerbahçe||2-1||Rizespor||90||0||0|
|24.11.2014||Turkish Super League||Bursaspor||1-1||Fenerbahçe||90||1||0|
|30.11.2014||Turkish Super League||Fenerbahçe||2-2||Eskişehirspor||90||0||0|
|06.12.2014||Turkish Super League||Balıkesirspor||0-1||Fenerbahçe||69||0||0|
|12.12.2014||Turkish Super League||Fenerbahçe||4-1||Sivasspor||90||1||1|
|19.12.2014||Turkish Super League||Erciyesspor||0-1||Fenerbahçe||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|