Capped for the first time by England at 19, Glen Johnson was the first-choice right-back for his country throughout Fabio Capello's reign as manager. The Liverpool FC player looks certain to retain his starting place under Roy Hodgson at UEFA EURO 2012 after Micah Richards and the injured Kyle Walker were not included in the squad for Poland and Ukraine.
• Joined the famous academy at West Ham United FC and made it into the first team at 18, after a loan spell at Millwall FC, making 15 Premier League appearances in a 2002/03 season that resulted in the east London club's surprise relegation.
• Crossed London to join Chelsea FC, becoming the Blues' first major purchase of the Roman Abramovich era and a senior England international shortly afterwards, making his debut against Denmark at Old Trafford on 16 November 2003.
• Helped Chelsea to successive UEFA Champions League semi-finals – and a Premier League title – but gradually lost his place under José Mourinho and was sent out on loan to Portsmouth FC, where he rejoined his ex-West Ham boss Harry Redknapp, eventually making a permanent move to the south coast club in 2007 and winning the FA Cup the following spring.
• Success with Pompey triggered a recall by England and a regular place in Capello's team during 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification, starting seven games and scoring his first goal in a friendly against Mexico prior to starting all four matches at the finals in South Africa.
• Joined Liverpool in summer 2009 on a four-year contract and started the League and FA Cup finals in 2011/12, triumphing in the former on penalties against Cardiff City FC.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 31/08/2015 02:54 CET|
|09.08.2015||English Premier League||Stoke||0-1||Liverpool||90||0||0|
|15.08.2015||English Premier League||Tottenham||2-2||Stoke||90||0||0|
|22.08.2015||English Premier League||Norwich||1-1||Stoke||90||0||0|
|29.08.2015||English Premier League||Stoke||0-1||West Brom||63||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|