Clubs: VfB Stuttgart, FC Bayern München, ACF Fiorentina
• Born in south-west Germany to a Spanish father and German mother, Gomez made his breakthrough in 2005/06 with six goals for Stuttgart; was leading scorer the following season with 14 in the club's shock Bundesliga triumph and named German footballer of the year.
• Registered 19 Bundesliga goals in 2007/08 plus three in four UEFA Champions League games to earn a place in the Germany team at UEFA EURO 2008, where his form strangely deserted him and he failed to score.
• Replaced Luca Toni as the focal point of Bayern's attack in 2009/10 after moving for a Bundesliga record €30m; scored in five successive top-flight games before Christmas and registered ten league goals − plus three in the German Cup − in total during the club's double-winning campaign.
• A late substitute during Bayern's loss to FC Internazionale Milano in the 2010 UEFA Champions League final, he made four appearances at the FIFA World Cup in South Africa a few weeks later − all from the bench − as Germany reached the last four.
• Finished top scorer in the 2010/11 Bundesliga with 28 goals − a total which included five hat-tricks, one of which was against Stuttgart − but his efforts were in vain as Borussia Dortmund beat Bayern to the title.
• Scored UEFA Champions League hat-tricks the following season against SSC Napoli (3-2) and, in the round of 16, FC Basel 1893, the latter as he equalled Dado Pršo's record for the quickest four-goal haul in the competition (23 minutes).
• Came on in the 89th minute of Bayern's victory over Borussia Dortmund in the 2013 UEFA Champions League final, a week before scoring twice against Stuttgart as Jupp Heynckes' side completed an historic treble by winning the German Cup. Moved to Fiorentina that summer.
UEFA European Championship: runner-up 2008
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2010, 2012; winner 2013
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 27/07/2016 09:03 CET|
|03.09.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Germany||2-4||Argentina||57||0||0|
|13.11.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||France||2-0||Germany||90||0||0|
|26.03.2016||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Germany||2-3||England||80||1||0|
|29.05.2016||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Germany||1-3||Slovakia||45||1||0|
|04.06.2016||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Germany||2-0||Hungary||45||0||1|
|16.06.2016||UEFA EURO||Final tournament - Group stage||Germany||0-0||Poland||19||0||0|
|21.06.2016||UEFA EURO||Final tournament - Group stage||Northern Ireland||0-1||Germany||90||1||0|
|26.06.2016||UEFA EURO||Round of 16||Germany||3-0||Slovakia||90||1||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|