A strong, resilient left-back, Nikos Spyropoulos has featured regularly in European club competition for Panathinaikos FC over the past four years and looks set for a third successive major tournament appearance for Greece, having represented his country at UEFA EURO 2008 and the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
• Started his career with PAS Giannina FC, winning promotion to the Greek Super League in his first season before suffering two successive relegations with the club.
• Moved to Panionios GSS in 2004 and appeared five times in the UEFA Cup, making his European debut in a 3-1 home win against Udinese Calcio.
• Scored his first league goal for Panionios against PAOK FC on 22 April 2007; it proved to be his only one as he left for Panathinaikos the following January and helped his new club to a 2008/09 UEFA Champions League place after winning the Super League's post-season play-off competition.
• Made his debut for Greece just before leaving Panionios − in the team's penultimate UEFA EURO 2008 qualifier, a 5-0 defeat of Malta − and had one outing at the finals, a 2-1 defeat by Spain; it was a similar story two years later in South Africa, his one appearance coming as a half-time substitute in Greece's final match, a 2-0 loss to Argentina.
• Won the Greek double with Panathinaikos in 2009/10, his first club honours, and enjoyed another new experience in Greece's opening UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier when he scored his first international goal to salvage a 1-1 home draw with Georgia.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 18/05/2014 02:15 CET|
|15.08.2012||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||Norway||2-3||Greece||80||0||0|
|07.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Latvia||1-2||Greece||90||1||0|
|11.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||2-0||Lithuania||90||0||0|
|12.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||0-0||Bosnia and Herzegovina||90||0||0|
|16.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Slovakia||0-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|14.11.2012||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||Republic of Ireland||0-1||Greece||8||0||0|
|14.08.2013||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||Austria||0-2||Greece||5||0||0|
|15.12.2013||Greek Super League||Kalloni||2-5||PAOK||90||0||0|
|18.12.2013||Greek Super League||Atromitos||1-1||PAOK||90||0||0|
|05.01.2014||Greek Super League||Xanthi||1-2||PAOK||75||0||0|
|18.01.2014||Greek Super League||Panionios||2-0||PAOK||59||0||0|
|26.01.2014||Greek Super League||PAOK||4-1||Veria||90||0||0|
|02.02.2014||Greek Super League||Platanias||2-1||PAOK||62||0||0|
|16.02.2014||Greek Super League||Asteras||2-1||PAOK||90||0||0|
|27.03.2014||Greek Super League||Apollon Smyrnis||3-3||PAOK||90||0||0|
|30.03.2014||Greek Super League||PAOK||2-1||Kalloni||90||0||0|
|13.04.2014||Greek Super League||Levadiakos||3-2||PAOK||90||0||0|
|07.05.2014||Greek Super League||PAOK||3-0||Atromitos||15||0||0|
|14.05.2014||Greek Super League||Asteras||1-0||PAOK||60||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|