A regular member of the Republic of Ireland team in the UEFA EURO 2008 and 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaigns, Paul McShane played no active part in the successful qualification for UEFA EURO 2012. The centre-back has played in the English Premier League for Sunderland AFC and Hull City AFC.
• Moved from Ireland to England to join Manchester United FC at the age of 16 but failed to make the desired impact at Old Trafford despite contributing to the club's victory in the 2003 FA Youth Cup.
• Had a brief loan spell at Walsall FC before spending the entire 2005/06 season as a hired hand at second-tier Brighton & Hove Albion FC, where he made 38 appearances but was unable to prevent the club's relegation.
• Remained in the Championship, however, after leaving Old Trafford for the Hawthorns and starred in a West Bromwich Albion FC team that reached the promotion play-offs.
• His first nine Ireland caps were all in UEFA EURO 2008 qualifiers − the first five while at West Brom, the next four following a move to Premier League Sunderland
• Fell out of favour at the Stadium of Light and joined Hull on loan halfway through the 2008/09 campaign; did enough to secure a permanent move to the club but was relegated at the end of the 2009/10 campaign and despatched on a short-term loan to second-tier rivals Barnsley FC in February 2011.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 20/10/2014 02:05 CET|
|16.08.2014||English Premier League||QPR||0-1||Hull||45||0||0|
|24.08.2014||English Premier League||Hull||1-1||Stoke||90||0||0|
|31.08.2014||English Premier League||Aston Villa||2-1||Hull||90||0||0|
|24.09.2014||English League Cup||Third round||West Brom||3-2||Hull||90||0||0|
|Republic of Ireland||9||0|
|Republic of Ireland U-21||4||1|
|Republic of Ireland U-19||7||1|
|Republic of Ireland U-17||2||0|
|UEFA Europa League|