Clubs: Valencia CF, Getafe CF (loan), Real Madrid CF
• Came up through the junior ranks at Valencia − making his senior debut against AIK Solna during their triumphant UEFA Cup campaign in 2003/04 − but given his Liga bow by Getafe CF, where he spent the following season on loan.
• Ever-present in Valencia's 2006/07 UEFA Champions League campaign, starting all ten matches as they reached quarter-finals; scored a spectacular long-range effort in a 4-2 win at Olympiacos FC, his first in Europe.
• Won the Spanish Cup, as well as his first senior international caps, in 2007/08; left Valencia in summer 2009 for Madrid after 131 Liga appearances for the Mestalla club.
• Initially a first-team regular at Madrid, he scored his first goal for the club in a 3-1 win at Olympique de Marseille on matchday six of the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League.
• Having played twice at UEFA EURO 2008, in 2-1 group stage wins against Sweden and Greece, he was an unused member of the Spain squads which won the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa and UEFA EURO 2012.
UEFA European Championship: winner 2008, 2012
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 05/10/2015 13:15 CET|
|08.09.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Spain||5-1||FYR Macedonia||90||0||0|
|09.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Slovakia||2-1||Spain||58||0||0|
|18.11.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Spain||0-1||Germany||44||0||0|
|31.03.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Netherlands||2-0||Spain||90||0||0|
|23.08.2015||Italian Serie A||Sassuolo||2-1||Napoli||90||0||0|
|30.08.2015||Italian Serie A||Napoli||2-2||Sampdoria||90||0||0|
|13.09.2015||Italian Serie A||Empoli||2-2||Napoli||90||0||0|
|17.09.2015||UEFA Europa League||Group stage||Napoli||5-0||Club Brugge||90||0||0|
|20.09.2015||Italian Serie A||Napoli||5-0||Lazio||90||0||0|
|23.09.2015||Italian Serie A||Carpi||0-0||Napoli||90||0||0|
|26.09.2015||Italian Serie A||Napoli||2-1||Juventus||90||0||0|
|04.10.2015||Italian Serie A||Milan||0-4||Napoli||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|