Versatility and dependability are the chief assets of Olympiacos FC captain Vassilis Torossidis. He also has a happy knack of scoring important goals – as he did against Nigeria at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, becoming the first player to register a winning goal for Greece on football's biggest stage. He also featured at UEFA EURO 2008
• Made his Super League debut for home-town club Skoda Xanthi FC in April 2003 aged 17; a gradual increase in activity at Xanthi resulted in a breakthrough 2005/06 season, during which he made his European debut in the UEFA Cup first round against Middlesbrough FC.
• Switched to Olympiacos midway through the 2006/07 campaign and made his debut for Greece a few weeks later – as a second-half substitute in a 4-1 home defeat by Turkey; started each of the next seven UEFA EURO 2008 qualifiers, becoming Greece's first-choice left-back, a role he also filled in two of the team's three matches at the finals.
• His first two full seasons at Olympiacos both yielded league and cup doubles; made seven appearances in his debut UEFA Champions League campaign, helping the Piraeus club gain their first away wins in the competition and a place in the first knockout round.
• Missed both legs of the 2010 FIFA World Cup play-off against Ukraine with a knee injury but featured in all three matches at the finals in South Africa; was on target twice in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying, both times scoring the only goal in victories against Latvia and Malta.
• A title winner again in 2010/11, he contributed to another double success for Olympiacos the following campaign, during which he passed a century of Super League appearances for the Athens side.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 11/10/2016 01:18 CET|
|07.09.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Greece||0-1||Romania||90||0||0|
|11.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Finland||1-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|14.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Greece||0-2||Northern Ireland||90||0||0|
|14.11.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Greece||0-1||Faroe Islands||90||0||0|
|29.03.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Hungary||0-0||Greece||90||0||0|
|13.06.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Faroe Islands||2-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|08.10.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Northern Ireland||3-1||Greece||90||0||1|
|01.09.2016||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Netherlands||1-2||Greece||46||0||0|
|06.09.2016||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Gibraltar||1-4||Greece||90||1||1|
|11.09.2016||Italian Serie A||Bologna||2-1||Cagliari||14||0||0|
|17.09.2016||Italian Serie A||Napoli||3-1||Bologna||83||0||0|
|21.09.2016||Italian Serie A||Bologna||2-0||Sampdoria||90||0||0|
|25.09.2016||Italian Serie A||Internazionale||1-1||Bologna||90||0||0|
|07.10.2016||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||2-0||Cyprus||90||0||0|
|10.10.2016||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Estonia||0-2||Greece||18||1||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|