Versatility and dependability are the chief assets of Olympiacos FC captain Vassilis Torossidis. He also has a happy knack of scoring important goals – as he did against Nigeria at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, becoming the first player to register a winning goal for Greece on football's biggest stage. He also featured at UEFA EURO 2008
• Made his Super League debut for home-town club Skoda Xanthi FC in April 2003 aged 17; a gradual increase in activity at Xanthi resulted in a breakthrough 2005/06 season, during which he made his European debut in the UEFA Cup first round against Middlesbrough FC.
• Switched to Olympiacos midway through the 2006/07 campaign and made his debut for Greece a few weeks later – as a second-half substitute in a 4-1 home defeat by Turkey; started each of the next seven UEFA EURO 2008 qualifiers, becoming Greece's first-choice left-back, a role he also filled in two of the team's three matches at the finals.
• His first two full seasons at Olympiacos both yielded league and cup doubles; made seven appearances in his debut UEFA Champions League campaign, helping the Piraeus club gain their first away wins in the competition and a place in the first knockout round.
• Missed both legs of the 2010 FIFA World Cup play-off against Ukraine with a knee injury but featured in all three matches at the finals in South Africa; was on target twice in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying, both times scoring the only goal in victories against Latvia and Malta.
• A title winner again in 2010/11, he contributed to another double success for Olympiacos the following campaign, during which he passed a century of Super League appearances for the Athens side.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 13/03/2014 02:01 CET|
|15.08.2012||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||Norway||2-3||Greece||46||1||0|
|07.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Latvia||1-2||Greece||90||0||0|
|11.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||2-0||Lithuania||90||0||0|
|12.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||0-0||Bosnia and Herzegovina||90||0||0|
|16.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Slovakia||0-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|14.11.2012||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||Republic of Ireland||0-1||Greece||61||0||0|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Bosnia and Herzegovina||3-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|07.06.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Lithuania||0-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|14.08.2013||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||Austria||0-2||Greece||77||0||0|
|06.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Liechtenstein||0-1||Greece||90||0||1|
|10.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||1-0||Latvia||90||0||0|
|29.09.2013||Italian Serie A||Roma||5-0||Bologna||90||0||0|
|05.10.2013||Italian Serie A||Internazionale||0-3||Roma||90||0||0|
|11.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||1-0||Slovakia||90||0||0|
|27.10.2013||Italian Serie A||Udinese||0-1||Roma||22||0||0|
|31.10.2013||Italian Serie A||Roma||1-0||Chievo||90||0||0|
|15.11.2013||FIFA World Cup||Play-off for Final Tournament||Greece||3-1||Romania||90||0||1|
|19.11.2013||FIFA World Cup||Play-off for Final Tournament||Romania||1-1||Greece||72||0||0|
|05.01.2014||Italian Serie A||Juventus||3-0||Roma||0||0||0|
|09.01.2014||Italian Cup||Fifth round||Roma||1-0||Sampdoria||90||1||0|
|18.01.2014||Italian Serie A||Roma||3-0||Livorno||90||0||0|
|26.01.2014||Italian Serie A||Verona||1-3||Roma||90||0||0|
|09.02.2014||Italian Serie A||Lazio||0-0||Roma||90||0||0|
|16.02.2014||Italian Serie A||Roma||3-0||Sampdoria||90||0||0|
|01.03.2014||Italian Serie A||Roma||0-0||Internazionale||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|