A tough, aggressive central defender, rock 'n' roll-loving Jonas Olsson made no appearances for Sweden in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying but his fine form in the English Premier League for West Bromwich Albion FC in 2011/12 enhanced his prospects of participating in Poland and Ukraine. He has never played in UEFA club competition.
• Joined local club Landskrona BoIS and spent three seasons with the team in the Allsvenskan, making 56 appearances and scoring one goal.
• A regular Swedish Under-21 international during his time at Landskrona, he left the club in summer 2005 – just before they were relegated – to join Eredivisie side NEC Nijmegen.
• Started all 34 league matches in his debut season in the Netherlands (the only NEC player to do so in that 2005/06 campaign) and missed only two games the following term, in which he registered his first Eredivisie goal in a 2-0 defeat of FC Utrecht on 9 December 2006.
• Helped NEC to an eighth-place finish in the 2007/08 Eredivisie before moving to England; relegated in his first term with West Brom, he was promoted back to the Premier League in his second, at the end of which he won his first senior international cap – in a 1-0 win against Belarus in Minsk on 2 June 2010.
• Completed 100 league appearances for the Baggies in September 2011 and although he saw no action on the road to UEFA EURO 2012, he appeared in each of Sweden's three post-qualification friendlies against Denmark, England and Croatia.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 31/08/2015 02:49 CET|
|08.06.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Norway||0-0||Sweden||90||0||0|
|15.08.2015||English Premier League||Watford||0-0||West Brom||90||0||0|
|23.08.2015||English Premier League||West Brom||2-3||Chelsea||90||0||0|
|29.08.2015||English Premier League||Stoke||0-1||West Brom||90||0||0|