One of the star performers in Helsingborgs IF's league and cup double triumph in 2011, Pär Hansson will hope to travel to UEFA EURO 2012 as Sweden's third-choice goalkeeper behind Andreas Isaksson and Johan Wiland.
• A native of Skane in southern Sweden, he moved to Helsingborg at 15 and worked his way through the youth ranks.
• Made no first-team appearances before spending the 2008 season in the Swedish second division with Ångelholms FF; started all 30 league games, conceding just 33 goals, to help the club finish fifth.
• Returned to Helsingborg in 2009 and established himself as the club's first-choice keeper; was called up for the UEFA European Under-21 Championship on home soil that year but watched from the sidelines as rival Johan Dahlin kept goal in all four matches.
• An ever-present for Helsingborg in the 2010 Allsvenskan, he helped the club to a runners-up finish in the league (two points behind champions Malmö FF) and victory in the Swedish Cup (1-0 in the final against Hammarby Fotball).
• Began 2011 by winning his first senior cap for Sweden – in a friendly against Botswana in South Africa – and ended it as a double winner for Helsingborg, again starting all 30 Allsvenskan games for Conny Karlsson's side and proving a redoubtable figure also in the Svenska Cupen, which the club retained with a 3-1 defeat of Kalmar FF in the final.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 18/04/2014 02:00 CET|
|11.06.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Sweden||2-0||Faroe Islands||90||0||0|
|22.08.2013||Swedish Cup||Second round||Härnösands||0-4||Helsingborg||90||0||0|
|30.03.2014||Swedish First Division||Helsingborg||1-1||Djurgården||45||0||0|
|06.04.2014||Swedish First Division||Norrköping||2-0||Helsingborg||90||0||0|
|13.04.2014||Swedish First Division||Helsingborg||4-2||Häcken||90||0||0|
|17.04.2014||Swedish First Division||Elfsborg||1-0||Helsingborg||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|