Having beaten Luxembourg 3-0 in the teams' first Group C meeting in March, Slovakia know another win against the same opponents will guarantee their finals place.
Article top media content
Slovakia are a victory away from a place at UEFA EURO 2016 as they conclude their Group C campaign in Luxembourg, who sprang a surprise the last time their opponents visited.
• Second in Group C, Slovakia are level on points with Ukraine with a superior head-to-head record; they are certain to qualify if they beat Luxembourg, or if they match or better Ukraine's result at home to Spain.
• Adam Nemec, Vladimír Weiss and Peter Pekarík scored as Slovakia won 3-0 in Zilina on 27 March.
• The teams' only previous competitive meetings came in 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying; Dušan Galis's Slovakia beat Allan Simonsen's Luxembourg 3-1 in Bratislava and 4-0 in Luxembourg.
• More recently, Luc Holtz's Luxembourg saw off Vladimír Weiss's Slovakia 2-1 in a friendly game at the Stade Josy Barthel on 9 February 2011, Daniel da Mota scoring both of Luxembourg's goals.
• Luxembourg were without a win in four competitive home games (D1 L3) before they beat FYR Macedonia 1-0 in September.
• Slovakia's 2-0 defeat in Spain in their most recent away fixture ended a three-game winning streak on the road in Group C.
• Having won their first six qualifiers, Slovakia have taken just one point from their last three, failing to score in any of them.
• The latest booking list is available here: http://www.uefa.org/disciplinary/disciplinary-cases/booking-lists/index.html.
Trivia and links
• Slovakia have won all nine of their games against Luxembourg in UEFA age-group competitions.
• The Slovakian outfit has won the last nine meetings between the nations' sides in UEFA club competition, FC Avenir Beggen's 2-1 success against FK Senica in the 1990/91 UEFA Cup first round the only Luxembourger victory to date.